View Full Version : Cookies and history

Sheynk
01-15-2003, 05:52 AM
For some reason...some cites such as pdabuzz and cnet always pop up in the adress bar even after the history has been cleared. I dont visit buzz, but i do visit pda ave...this makes no sense

Any tech people want to help me out?

seanturner
01-15-2003, 06:01 AM
I've cleared cookie files as well and I still get the same thing. Where are these things stored?

I have also found it hard to store some of them. The first time I went to PPCT on my new iPaq, I followed a direct link to a thread, now, I can never get just to the PPCT homepage, but, instead when I type pocket it gives me a link to the longer thread making me type it out each time (favorites are for smarter people than I).

Also, just a suggestion but what about getting a shortened version of the URL for people to enter on their mobile devices. www.ppct.com perhaps?

dean_shan
01-15-2003, 07:36 AM
For some reason...some cites such as pdabuzz and cnet always pop up in the adress bar even after the history has been cleared. I dont visit buzz, but i do visit pda ave...this makes no sense

Any tech people want to help me out?

You can use a registry editer to get rid of those. Go HKEY_lOCAL_MACHINE\Explorer\AddressHistory

There will be string values 0-9 you can delete any and all of them. this will clear your address bar history.