View Full Version : Best Screen

Tora
01-15-2003, 03:00 AM
Can any of you experts tell me, is there one PPC out there with absouletly the best screen ever? Best color, best clarity etc?

Janak Parekh
01-15-2003, 03:13 AM
ClearType aside, the iPaq 39xx are probably the best. Not by much over the other transflectives, but they do have a larger screen and very wide viewing angle. The 5450/1910 units are a close second. Then come the Viewsonic/Dell/etc. by a narrow margin after that.

ClearType-wise, of all the screens I've seen the Pocket PC Phone is the best. It's simply amazing. But it's a reflective display. I'd say any of the transflectives, including the 39xx/54xx, are still decent.

Most of the other reflective screens, including my (now ancient!) 3870, are second-tier.

My 2 cents: don't worry too much about the screen as long as it's transflective... unless you need the extra .3", in which case the HP units are your only choice.

(Actually, I'm incorrect in all the above: the Casio E-125 was the best of all time, bar none, indoors. But that's not really a choice, I think, unless you're willing to go with Pocket PC 2000. :D)

--janak