View Full Version : YAHOO MESSENGER WORKS!!!!!

Cortex
01-11-2003, 08:38 PM
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7131

TMo users can use the getmorespeed.voicestream.com proxy as i have posted about ad nauseum....

thesminc
01-12-2003, 02:13 AM
What are the proxy settings?

Cortex
01-12-2003, 05:07 AM
i made a new entry under connection settings as described on the t-mobile site. heres the link -- you need to scroll down to the section on (creating a GPRS connection)

http://www.t-mobile.com/help/services/tz/tt/pocket_pc.asp#22

note that if you connect with the proxy you can still use inbox and pocket explorer but msn messenger will no longer login. you will need to flip between the regular internet settings and the proxy settings to use msn messenger.

Monty Gibson
01-12-2003, 11:47 PM
i made a new entry under connection settings as described on the t-mobile site. heres the link -- you need to scroll down to the section on (creating a GPRS connection)

http://www.t-mobile.com/help/services/tz/tt/pocket_pc.asp#22

note that if you connect with the proxy you can still use inbox and pocket explorer but msn messenger will no longer login. you will need to flip between the regular internet settings and the proxy settings to use msn messenger.

I thought you stated in a previous post that when you logged your speed you didn't receive the higher speeds you were expecting? This "flipping" and "flopping" is a bit much just to use one program; unless of course you "have to have it." And again, you're not for sure (as you stated) if it was actually working.

Cortex
01-13-2003, 12:14 AM
the only thing ive noticed consistently with t-mobile's proxy settings are that it connects sooner and more reliably than if i dont use the proxy.

i've tried testing the speed with the proxy settings and my results were mixed. sometimes its consistently fast. other times its mediocre.

(just as microsoft conspired) i eventually talked family and friends into getting MSN messenger on their home computers so i could chat with them on the go. because i couldn't get pocket MSN messenger to work with the proxy, i eventually went back to the initial (non-proxy) t-mobile internet connection settings.

but then someone pointed out that yahoo messenger will work but only if a proxy is set. i tried it with the t-mobile proxy settings and it does work.

its nice because not only do most of the people i know use yahoo messenger, it also has access to the news and my email.

Monty Gibson
01-13-2003, 02:10 AM
I wonder why the Pocket PC doesn't just dial out on it's own? It's odd. This definitely must be a software issue... The reason why I say that is because it seems to not want to "call up" the program to have it dial out to connect. Anyway, have you tried emailing Yahoo! and seeing if they had any patches, upgrades, et cetera? It's excellent that you've managed a work around and I am sure that it's most helpful to those who use this. I am glad that we have alternatives to using our Pocket PC phones to dialup, dialout, and dial in to different areas.

jemichael
11-30-2003, 11:28 AM
Is Yahoo Messenger still working today? I tried to set the proxy settings but couldnt connect on my TMobile PPC

Cortex
12-01-2003, 12:00 AM
yahoo messenger no longer works... sad.