View Full Version : Active Sync or Pop3

PocketASP
01-11-2003, 06:30 PM
I can not decide whether to collect my mail at home (wifi) via active sync or via pop3.

Active Sync Advantages
When I read a message through this means and delete it - it is removed from outlook.

Pop3 Advantage
send and receive without outlook being open
real time

still can not decide- I did deactivate active sync mail but how do I delete the activesync folders from inbox ?

this gets me down :)

David

TopDog
01-11-2003, 06:51 PM
I would not use ActiveSync... My problems with ActiveSync has been that the messages just stays there for ever, even if I only want last tre days...

So I newer sync my mail via ActiveSync ever more.

POP3 or IMAP4 if you can is the best solution in my book :-)

PocketASP
01-11-2003, 07:24 PM
Um

OK I have switched to pop3 and manually deleted the email on my ipaq stored the activesync mail folders. BUT the folder structure still remains. Anyone know how to delete this folder structure AND preferably the "activesync" listing in "inbox" ?

David

PocketASP
01-11-2003, 08:33 PM
feel bad replying to my own posts :)

but is there anyway (in pop3) that when I delete a message off my PPC that it deletes it from my pop3 box ?

David

TopDog
01-22-2003, 04:21 PM
but is there anyway (in pop3) that when I delete a message off my PPC that it deletes it from my pop3 box ?
I don't think so, you just download a copy.

I think you must use the IMAP standard for that (I know you can do it there, done it by mistake a couple of times;-)).