View Full Version : New PictPocket Version For Your Pocket PC Phone.

Monty Gibson
01-11-2003, 04:45 PM
http://www.digisoftdirect.com/Elements/PictPocketCinemaWelcome3.jpg

The PictPocket Cinema update that I spoke of earlier has been released! They have fixed the .MPEG as well as the .MP3 formats. I've tested it using a trailer from www.pocketmovies.net as offered by MultiMatt and it works fine. This product IS awesome if you haven't seen it. I highly recommend it. Go here to download the latest version:

http://www.digisoftdirect.com/Downloads/PictPocket/PictPocketCinema.exe

Cortex
01-11-2003, 09:35 PM
whats so good about it?

Monty Gibson
01-12-2003, 11:36 PM
whats so good about it?

Have you seen or used the trial version? It supports every form of audio/video/image/streaming files available today (except for Real streams which I hate RealPlayer anyway). Windows Media Player cannot. One application; the work of several. It's also the only player that I am familiar with that has 12bit dithering which makes everything display better on our screens.

Go here to see the website: www.digisoftdirect.com

UPDATE: Or, if you're to lazy to visit :wink:, I'll just simply cut and paste for you the file formats it supports here:

What Formats Does PictPocket Cinema Support?
PictPocket Cinema provides the user with a powerful multimedia application by supporting many image file formats including:

• AVI

• QuickTime (MOV)

• MP3

• MPEG-1 video

• MPEG-2 video (with sound)

• MPEG-4 video

• Windows Media (WMV)

• ASF/ASX

• BMP

• 2BP

• JPG, JPE, JPEG

• GIF

• PCX

• PCD

• TIF, TIFF

• RAW

• PPM

• PGM

• CFX

octop8
01-14-2003, 05:06 AM
The question is, how well it works. Of course it may play a lot of formats. I have downloaded the new version (I am a registered user) and it still doesn't render a WMV file as well as WMP8.5 itself. I have an 8Mb WMV trailer which plays fine on WMP8.5 but is still a little choppy on PictPocket. The audio has been fixed - it no longer chops like the previous version. Mpegs play fine and divx is a bit iffy (doesn't play divx 5 files though, it seems), although generally ok. Bear in mind, the mpeg, divx and wmv files I try on PictPocket all work perfectly well on Pocket TV, Pocket MVP and WMP respectively so I am testing the same files.

Monty Gibson
01-14-2003, 01:35 PM
The question is, how well it works. Of course it may play a lot of formats. I have downloaded the new version (I am a registered user) and it still doesn't render a WMV file as well as WMP8.5 itself. I have an 8Mb WMV trailer which plays fine on WMP8.5 but is still a little choppy on PictPocket. The audio has been fixed - it no longer chops like the previous version. Mpegs play fine and divx is a bit iffy (doesn't play divx 5 files though, it seems), although generally ok. Bear in mind, the mpeg, divx and wmv files I try on PictPocket all work perfectly well on Pocket TV, Pocket MVP and WMP respectively so I am testing the same files.

I too thought I had the latest version after I "thought" I'd downloaded the latest version; but I didn't. Download it again and try to reinstall it. I haven't had any issues with this and have tested almost every file format DivX, MPEGs, MOVs, WMV's, et cetera.

I think it renders it better than WMP8.5 because it has the 12bit dithering which makes it look smoother and less grainy. Especially at 320x240.