View Full Version : Avant GO Away

redifrogger
01-10-2003, 11:12 PM
I can't get my Avant pages to sync up with my e740. :? I can't think what the problem is; everything else (mail, contacts, etc...) syncs up just fine. I get the standard Avant go home page but none of my selected channels like Sports Illustrated. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks.

Steven Cedrone
01-10-2003, 11:15 PM
I can't get my Avant pages to sync up with my e740. :? I can't think what the problem is; everything else (mail, contacts, etc...) syncs up just fine. I get the standard Avant go home page but none of my selected channels like Sports Illustrated. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks.

During ActiveSync, does it show that is syncing? When you go into PIE and tap on Avantgo, do you get an error?

Steve

simzz1
01-10-2003, 11:19 PM
This happens to me occasionally. :evil:
On your desktop, open ActiveSync, go to Options, AvantGo, Settings, Properties, and check the box that says "refresh all content on next sync".
That fixes it every time for me.

Hope that helps.

pschultz
01-10-2003, 11:50 PM
also, check to make sure that you have the right username and password entered

fyiguy
01-11-2003, 04:05 AM
A good way to check too is on your PPC, go to start->settings->connections->AvantGo Connect

Here you can check your account user name and password as well as test your connection (you have to have your PPC hooked up to the cradle,synch cable, WiFi card, etc)

Good luck and let us know how you make out...

:D

redifrogger
01-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Thanks for all your help everyone - the problem was my username and password - I should have thought of that. fyiguy nailed it.

fyiguy
01-13-2003, 04:29 PM
It wasn't just me pschultz recommended that first... :D

Glad you got it to work!!!! :way to go:

redifrogger
01-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Right you are - thanks to you too pschultz!