View Full Version : HELP!!! Connectivity Problems...

Happy_e335_Owner
01-10-2003, 04:41 PM
Okay this is weird....I was having some really big connection problems on my PPC, previously, I was not using activesync for mail at all, and I was using an IMAP4 Service in Pocket outlook to syncronize my work e-mail....

Well, because of all the playing around I've been doing (mainly when I installed my bluetooth card), My connection settings were toast.

So, last night at home, I reset my device, (clearing all data & settings), re-set it up, and set up activesync with my home e-mail. Now the whole purpose of this was to figure out why I was not able to browse the web while cradled. Last night at home, after setting up the parnership and getting connected, I could browse the web no problem....great, I thought!

I got into work this morning, set up a second partnership with my work PC, and low and behold, I can't browse the internet...I get either page not found, or the trouble connecting box telling me to change my connection settings....I get that same box when I set up my IMAP4 settings, and try to connect to the email server.....

Any ideas how to resolve this??

Thanks!

Happy_e335_Owner
01-10-2003, 06:24 PM
Well, that's really weird...seems that I got it working....for reference, here's what I did...

- Opened ActiveSync on the PPC by clicking Start, Activesync
- With the PPC disconnected, selected Tools, Options
- Unchecked "disconnect after syncronization" (even though it was not disconnecting)....

Presto! I can now browse using IE, and retrieve my IMAP4 e-mail!

I now have access to both home and work e-mail on my PPC!

YAY! Now, tonight, I'll just have to see if I can get bluetooth working!