View Full Version : Accessories

jk
01-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have the leather case for the Axim from Dell and know if it is any good?

How come there are so many more accessories on the customize it page than the accessories page?

Does anyone have the dell wireless card? Would it work with a linksys wap? Has anyone recieved the foldable keyboard?

ux4484
01-09-2003, 05:20 PM
I've got the leather, and it can hold the spare battery and a couple of CF/SC cards and maybe some credit/business cards, but not much more, as any more would end up in contact with the buttons or screen.

Any 802.11b card SHOULD work with any 802.11b router/WAP. Theirs is rather pricey at $159. Call your local Best Buy and see if they have any D-link CF wireless cards left $79-$40 rebate....$39 bucks 8O .....it's an instore deal Only.....I had to call many and visit two before I got one in my hand. They also have many at the warehouse so if you go INTO a BB and they don't have it you can have it shipped free to your house. The D-link part number is:DCF-660W. It fits and works just dandy in the Axim.

It seems the stuff is on the customize it page so you'll buy it with the unit......you can put together an order and then remove the Axim and still get the stuff tho.......WHY? I have NO idea.

dartman
01-09-2003, 07:34 PM
I use the Dlink card and it works well and sets up easily.

I'm sort of curious if the Socket card that Dell sells really is as battery friendly as it's supposed to be. Has anyone been able to compare it to the Dlink or Linksys cards? Are there any other advantages?

dart

FYI: I use the Dlink card with a Linksys router.

Xtreme23
01-10-2003, 05:30 AM
Besides the 802.11b card what else do u need to use it... im new this thing.. thanx... im assuming this thing is for using the internet wireless?

ux4484
01-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Besides the 802.11b card what else do u need to use it... im new this thing.. thanx... im assuming this thing is for using the internet wireless?

A broadband connection (preferably) and a wireless router/access point. This is covered well in the wireless forum here.