View Full Version : Help... need to reply to activesync email using pop account

moholland
01-08-2003, 10:09 PM
I desperately need to reply to emails in my activesync inbox using a wireless connection. There doesn't appear to be a 'send using' option to send it from my configured pop account. I doesn't even look like I can 'move' it from the activesync inbox to the pop inbox. Other people must have this problem. Any 3rd party helpers?

On a side note... I just made the switch from palm this xmas! After owning 6 palms from the original to the 515, I have to say that pocketPC wins hands down. Amazing power... that makes my palm look silly. I just wish there was the same amount of apps available. I really miss some of the very simple but very useful apps on the palm. I wish that a palm emulator program existed.

Why are there more apps on the palm? Easier to develop... cheaper... anti-microsoft developers... just curious?

This forums are amazing! Any others to check out? How about software sites? Thanks.

theonegod
01-08-2003, 10:36 PM
there are more apps on the palm because it has been out longer. Simple as that. As for your pop email question you have have to be far more specific on your configuration before I could help you.

smittyofdhs
01-08-2003, 10:39 PM
open and reply to one of the activesync emails on your ppc. In the header window there is 2 down arrows to the right of the screen press that. You should now see more of the header and the option to pick which service you want to send with.

moholland
01-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Thank you!!! Now I feel like an idiot... How does one find out about a cool somewhat hidden feature like this. Is there a good online resource with pocketPC tips? Thanks.

smittyofdhs
01-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Thank you!!! Now I feel like an idiot... How does one find out about a cool somewhat hidden feature like this. Is there a good online resource with pocketPC tips? Thanks.

you are already there! pocketpcthoughts.com and pocketpcpassion.com forums are the best place for info on PPC devices. I doubt you could have got this fast a response from any OEM or Microsoft.

One note on the POP email issue: Keep in mind that when you send the email from the POP service, the copy of the sent email will still be in the POP service's "sent items" folder and will not keep a copy in the activesync "sent items" folder. One workaround is to BCC yourself on every email sent from the PPC. Then when you get back to your desktop you can move these BCC emails to your sent items.

here's what I've done to help this:

Install OutboxBuddy, it's free at pocketgear.com. It allows you to setup default settings for all services, like signature, CC, BCC, etc...

Change your display name in Pocket Outlook on the PPC to include something like "Sent via PPC".

In Outlook on your PC, create a rule that moves any new mail with "Sent via PPC" in the sender's email address to the "Sent Items" folder. I've even enhanced the rule so that it marks the email as read, so the process is totally transparent to me.

smittyofdhs
01-09-2003, 04:35 PM
I don't know what's going on with this thread but the last post was lost. The question in the post was about using Outboxbuddy, and how to config it.

After it's installed, open the program and it allows you to change the settings for each service. Likewise, you can go tool > copy to all services to copy the same info to the rest of the services...

moholland
01-09-2003, 04:47 PM
smittyofdhs, thanks for the response to my second stupid question. I thought I did a soft reset but apparently i didn't because after doing one, it worked perfectly. i then deleted my post so that i wouldn't waste anyone’s time responding. but you are too quick. thanks again.

Steven Cedrone
01-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Ahhh...

Mystery solved. Here I was trying to find out what had happened. Moholland, you will find that when you post here, there is usually an answer before you can even go back and edit a thought... :wink:

In the future, leave the post ("update" it, and explain what happened). 9 times out of 10, someone else down the road will have the same problem...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator