View Full Version : HELP!!!! Mitsumi Bluetooth USD Dongle on Windows 2000

Happy_e335_Owner
01-08-2003, 06:47 PM
At work, I am running Windows 2000, and at home Windows XP. Now I recently aquired a Mitsumi Bluetooth USB Dongle (WIF-0402C), and when I install the software on Windows 2000, I get an Active X Runtime Error trying to launch the software.

The software works fine at home with Windows XP. Anyone ever seen this before, or know of a way to fix it, or another software package that works with this dongle? I have tried a couple other software packages that people have suggested on other websites, but they fail to recognize the dongle.

Any ideas?

crackerheads
01-08-2003, 09:01 PM
I don't know if this helps, but the Microsoft Bluetooth mouse packaging says it only works with Windows XP with Service Pack 1. I believe this is because Service Pack 1 implemented a Bluetooth stack for Windows XP. To my knowledge, Windows 2000 doesn't have a Bluetooth stack implemented. I haven't tried connecting the Bluetooth transceiver to my Windows 2000 machine, but I suspect it will not be supported-just like how your Mitsumi Bluetooth USB Dongle isn't being supported.

Happy_e335_Owner
01-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Ahh...okay, well then that makes sense..The activeX error is being thrown from the application trying to access the ActiveX DLL that contains the bluetooth stack.

Any idea if you can get some kind of add-on that allows these types of things to work with W2K? I have seen a number of other dongles (actually, I'm thinking of replacing this one), that say they are compatible with Windows 2000...not sure how that will work, but oh well...

Thanks for your reply....I'm getting my Bluetooth SD card for my Toshiba e335 today, so I'll have to see how well it works tonight when I get home :)

Happy_e335_Owner
01-08-2003, 09:21 PM
After thinking about it, that doesn't make sense..all the USB devices come with a Bluetooth protocol stack...they shouldn't need to use the Windows native stack...

For instance, here's a website that sells the dongle that I have, and it does say it's compatible with Windows 2000. I wonder if it's my installation of windows, or if there's something wrong with the software. I also have not been able to find another software package that can detect my device, as the specific device driver's aren't included...AARRRGGH!!!

http://www.topsitelists.com/out.cgi?area=bestsites&user=bluetooth&nocheat=1041748180&ID=287&url=http://www.blueunplugged.com