View Full Version : PPCW.net Re-launches with Prizes!

Jason Dunn
01-08-2003, 06:42 PM
My friend and fellow MVP Arne Hess has re-launched PPCW.net in a 3.0 incarnation, and it looks great! Arne worked with a PHP programmer to create a completely customized solution, much like yours truly. PHP programmers - you guys rock! :D In addition to a new layout and some cool functionality, Arne is spicing things up by holding a huge giveaway! Over $2000 in prizes are being given away over the next two weeks, so be sure to stop by Arne's site daily to check out what's going on. When it comes to wireless, Arne is <u>the man</u>, so I remain a huge fan of his work.<br /><br /><b>UPDATE:</b> Arne has asked me to remove the link to his server because, well, we broke it. :lol: It's hard for him to fix the server while it's getting hammered, so let's leave his server alone for a while. The pain of popularity!

Arne Hess
01-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Over $2000 in prizes are being given away over the next two weeks, so be sure to stop by Arne's site daily to check out what's going on. When it comes to wireless, Arne is the man, so I remain a huge fan of his work.
Cool, now I definitely know my server limit ;-)
Thanks Jason for your posting and as you said before in the chat - my sever crashed... :-)

Okay guys - keep it slow and hold on. Unlikely Jason posted the raffle is going 4 weeks and you can win every day up to 3 prizes so you don't need to register (http://www.ppcw.net/register.php) all the same time... ;-)

But thanks to all for this demonstration - know I know what that server can serve and what's to much! :roll:

Janak Parekh
01-08-2003, 07:18 PM
Cool, now I definitely know my server limit ;-)
Thanks Jason for your posting and as you said before in the chat - my sever crashed... :-)
I was wondering about that. There's "slashdotted" and "farked", is this the first time we've "thoughtted" a site? Or does it have one "t"? ;)

Nice job, btw, Arne (once I got in!)

--janak

Jhokur2k
01-08-2003, 08:01 PM
I don't know - I tried to sign up and got an internal server error when trying to activate over there :P

Maybe the server is full :?

Jason Dunn
01-08-2003, 08:30 PM
I was wondering about that. There's "slashdotted" and "farked", is this the first time we've "thoughtted" a site? Or does it have one "t"? ;)

Oh! Oh! I know! I know!

"I thought I thaw a thite there!" :lol:

Jimmy Dodd
01-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Nice site Arne, although it took me a while to figure out why the newest posts were dated August 1st.

I'm so un-international. :oops:

Arne Hess
01-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Nice site Arne, although it took me a while to figure out why the newest posts were dated August 1st.

I'm so un-international. :oops:
Oh, yes... same for me if I enter American sites and think about "is it my kind of date or their kind of date"... :wink:
Well, on PPCW.Net it is my kind of date which means DD.MM.YY... :lol:

RogerC
01-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Nice site... Did everyone rush there all at once? It's like "click" then go for a coffee while the page loads :roll:

Woodster
01-08-2003, 11:18 PM
They seem to be having server issues.

The home page sure has lots of text, lots of tiny, tiny little text

Andy Sjostrom
01-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Way to go Arne! Great site got even better! 8)

Arne Hess
01-11-2003, 06:22 PM
UPDATE: Arne has asked me to remove the link to his server because, well, we broke it. :lol: It's hard for him to fix the server while it's getting hammered, so let's leave his server alone for a while. The pain of popularity!
Okay, so far so good! We improved some of the code and redesigned the backend database; so far it is running pretty good now and you can give it a try again!
Go here to the Relaunch Raffle (http://w3.ppcw.net/register.php)!