View Full Version : Is this a "bug" with WIS Bar?

67stang
01-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Installed WisBar on my e740 today. I liked it fine UNTIL I got home and tried to connect to my wireless LAN. Apparantly when the WisBar is running it doesnt show the wireless connection icon, and thus there is no way to activate the wifi connection. Turn off wisbar and presto, icon is back and off you go.

I did not see anything in the Wisbar options that lets you keep wifi up there...

anyone else have this issue. It may be isolated to the e740 since its the only ppc with wifi built in (i think.)

Gremmie
01-08-2003, 08:22 AM
no bug, it's just the design. Its a program that lays over the taskbar, thus masking unique taskbar resident programs/icons. There are some taskmanager programs that don't block such icons though.

rave
01-08-2003, 08:59 AM
Download vBar. It's a stripped-down WisBar variant that retains all those PPC2002 icons. It doesn't support full bar skinning, though, if that is important to you. :)

Rirath
01-08-2003, 09:02 AM
Personally I love wisbar with the XP look. :D I'm willing to lose an icon or two for it.

ledpocket
01-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Try using Icbar (a wisbar variant), and map an icon to "notifications"

It works fine for me.

ux4484
01-08-2003, 03:42 PM
I really liked WISbar on my Jornada, but alas, the refresh was acting flaky on the Dell and I removed it. using the Dell switcher now (almost identical to PocketNav).

hiroProtagonist
01-09-2003, 12:22 AM
I had the same problem. In wisbar you can choose settings:icons:display notifications and you will have access to the icon. However, if your system is like mine, the icon will soon disappear... taping on the space where it should be will still bring up the box and let you toggle your wifi on/off.

I went a step further and drew in a wifi icon in that space on a custom background so when it "disappears" it's still there :D

good luck, josh

Johnny Blaze
01-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Using the current beta version I have no trouble at all with my connection icon dissapearing.

mashtim
01-13-2003, 06:31 PM
You can also try GigaTask, which is what I've been using for the last few months. It has all the functionality of WISBar, yet keeps all the icons right where they should be. Also, if you assign a hardware button to GigaTask you can switch between open programs simply by holding down the button. VERY handy when driving.

hiroProtagonist
01-14-2003, 06:56 AM
Using the current beta version I have no trouble at all with my connection icon dissapearing.

Strange, I'm using the pelmar version 1.2 beta 4 which I think is the current version and my wif (notifications) icon regularly disappears. likewise, if I choose to display conection status, that icon will disappear shorty.

I wonder what difference in our systems causes this disparity. Oh well, if we had identical desktops PCs they probably wouldn't function the same either :D I still like wisbar even with invisible parts...