View Full Version : Where to buy?

Tora
01-06-2003, 05:27 AM
I'm planning to buy my first Pocket PC in March while on holiday. I haven't made a final decision yet as to which model, but am curious about prices in general. I've heard that the devices are much more expensive in Europe than in the US. How about other places? I can purchase in any of the following destinations:

Brisbane
Sydney
Dubai
Cairo
Amsterdam
US (Alaska)

Can anyone tell me which of the above is likely to have the best price? My instinct is Dubai, but any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

mirkazemisaman
01-07-2003, 02:03 AM
I have only been to Dubai, Sydney and the US obviously. I don't have the exact prices of PPCs, but what I do know is that in terms of electronic prices Sydney (or Australia in general) is pretty much the same as the US, but in Dubai you can find the same electronics MUCH cheaper, it is unblievable. As a matter of fact I think you can make money by just going to Dubai, buying a bunch of laptops (just for and example, but why not PPCs? :D ) and bringing them back and selling them here in the US...

Tora
01-07-2003, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the info. That works perfectly since Dubai is one of my first stops. I can see what I can get there, and then if I don't like what I see I can just wait and buy in the US or Sydney.

Glad to hear that about the price of laptops in Dubai, because it's about time to get a new one of them as well!

WyattEarp
01-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Most countries prices are about the same as the US with the exception of a few of course. What I suggest is to use a money converter to find the differences or go to your local money exchange and get the rates from there. This may save you some time before your trip. Enjoy :D