View Full Version : Can you reset the network adapter setting without a hard reset?

twntaipan
01-05-2003, 06:58 AM
I have been using a CF wifi card with my Casio E-200 for about six weeks without problem. But beginning two days ago I could no longer get the config utility (where I set WEP) to open.

I did a hard reset, and reinstalled the CF Wifi card and everything worked fine, but each time I reinstall other programs I lose the ability to open the config utility. I get an error message telling me to install the card first (even if it is in) or to soft reset my machine.

I am baffled by this. I need a work around.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the Network Adapter setting (to spoof the machine in to thinking this is the first install of the CF card)? That way I would not have to hard reset and reinstall everything.

Jorgen
01-05-2003, 09:56 AM
This is not normal and should not happen! Is you Casio otherwise behaving normally?

Jorgen

twntaipan
01-05-2003, 01:44 PM
This is not normal and should not happen! Is you Casio otherwise behaving normally?

I figured out the conflict. It is caused by Spb Software's Pocket Plus (sorry Jason). If I uninstall Pocket Plus, the config utility opens up, no problem.

I have seen others talk about problems with the Pocket Plus and other programs.

Bummer, I like Pocket Plus--just paid for the software, in fact, but I have considerably more invested in my WiFi set up, so...

Ed Hansberry
01-05-2003, 03:42 PM
I have seen others talk about problems with the Pocket Plus and other programs.

Bummer, I like Pocket Plus--just paid for the software, in fact, but I have considerably more invested in my WiFi set up, so...
Be sure to contact them with this bug.