View Full Version : How Do You Usually Carry Your Pocket PC?

Pony99CA
01-05-2003, 05:52 AM
I couldn't find a poll like this here, so I thought I'd run one.

How do you usually carry your Pocket PC when you leave your house?

Steve

Kati Compton
01-05-2003, 05:57 AM
look here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2659&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Rirath
01-05-2003, 06:01 AM
Half the time in my inside jacket pocket in it's case, half the time in my briefcase in it's case. I really like the free Axim case personally. Looks good, fits securely, and no fuss. I don't need more card holders.

Pony99CA
01-05-2003, 06:11 AM
look here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2659&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)
I did a search on "poll carry pocket" to see any polls that deal with this, and none came up. :-(

That said, the poll you referenced isn't quite the same. That's about gadgets in general (presumably including cell phones, MP3 players, pagers, etc.); mine is just about the Pocket PC.

Steve

Kati Compton
01-05-2003, 06:15 AM
No problem. I voted "purse" incidentally.

ECOslin
01-05-2003, 07:29 AM
I bought a Krusell belt case and tried that, and didn't like it for the same reason I've not cared for belt cases before. They're too rigid, I sat in a chair, and sat on the bench seat of my truck and the belt case just came loose. I've broken the quick release clips before, so I had bought an extra one, in advance, this time.

My solution was to remove the belt clip from the back of the Krusell case, along with the attach point. I got a box cutter and cut two parallel lines thru the leather of the case, 1&1/2" apart above and below where the belt clip attached. I happened to have a canvas belt holder for Ear Defenders(the things that look like headphones but protect your hearing in extreme audio environments). I wove the canvas thru the cuts in the case, the strap is made like the letter 'g' with velcro to hold the 'g' shut, the closed loop is where my belt goes. It's not a quick release, but it works and my PDA isn't left behind on a chair anymore.

My PDA is now hanging 6" below my belt in a more quickdraw holster looking position and it has room to shift around seatbelts and other obstacles.