View Full Version : New Memebr - "Hello All"

BryGuy
01-04-2003, 10:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! :D

Stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago and now visit it every day. Love the site and it's constant updates. I'll be passing it's URL to my friends.

I own an iPAQ 3835 (smashed screen & LCD after 1.5 months :cry: ), so I'm in the process of choosing a new iPAQ model. I've done lots of comparing, and about to settle on the iPAQ 3970 (if only the price would drop a little) :?

Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

BryGuy

PS. I di not just join for the contests. Not sure where that's coming from.

Kati Compton
01-04-2003, 10:22 PM
That's just what it says as your "ranking" until you've made 1-2 more posts. Then you'll be a "PocketPC Pupil" I believe....

Welcome aboard!

Willmonwah
01-04-2003, 10:23 PM
Welcome BryGuy! That's the way we all start out :D

BryGuy
01-04-2003, 10:27 PM
Gotcha,

Thanks

Rirath
01-04-2003, 11:32 PM
FAQ... we need... FAQ... please. How hard is it to make a sticky once and for all and stop all the questions? It'd save everyone time and effort. I mean, it's not the new users fault they don't know... (Though I do wish someone would actually look at their status once /after/ posting and get the drift.)

Kati Compton
01-05-2003, 12:01 AM
FAQ... we need... FAQ... please. How hard is it to make a sticky once and for all and stop all the questions? It'd save everyone time and effort. I mean, it's not the new users fault they don't know... (Though I do wish someone would actually look at their status once /after/ posting and get the drift.)

It still says it after one post. So they make a post, and it says "I just joined for the contests". Then they make a post to ask why, and that's when it switches over.

BryGuy
01-05-2003, 12:08 AM

Rirath, hi.

Actually, I did look at my post right after posting, and then edited my original message to include the 'PS' statement. I checked my profile screen and nothing talks about status titles. It's no biggy really, since it's changed now. I was just wondering (originally).

Thanks

Rirath
01-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Yeah, and I know it's an easy mistake... but watch 3 days for now for the next time it happens. :)

Just seems to me people typically make a first post, then they see the status, then they make a second post mad about the first post. :lol:

Janak Parekh
01-05-2003, 12:10 AM
FAQ... we need... FAQ... please. How hard is it to make a sticky once and for all and stop all the questions?
Actually, there is already a FAQ. The just joined bit isn't in there, I think it's been an inside joke for a while, but maybe if we get enough PM's opinion will change. ;)

--janak

Fishie
01-05-2003, 04:34 AM
Mweh, all them complainers need a sense of humour.