View Full Version : How can I erase my posts?

mookie123
01-04-2003, 03:47 PM
How can I erase my posts? I need to move some of my posts content to other site.

Rirath
01-04-2003, 05:44 PM
Well I can't imagine why you'd do so... but there's that X button in the corner if you've never seen it.
Other than that... edit and blank it out.

Ed Hansberry
01-04-2003, 06:14 PM
How can I erase my posts? I need to move some of my posts content to other site.
Are you trying to move a thread?

Dave Beauvais
01-04-2003, 07:29 PM
Well I can't imagine why you'd do so... but there's that X button in the corner if you've never seen it.
But that only works if nobody has replied to the thread since his post; after that, only a moderator or admin can delete the post.

--Dave

Rirath
01-04-2003, 07:37 PM
But that only works if nobody has replied to the thread since his post; after that, only a moderator or admin can delete the post.

--Dave

Hence the "Edit it and blank" part. :wink:

mookie123
01-04-2003, 09:39 PM
not just blank, but completely remove it from the system.

1. remove all my posts.
2. close and remove my account.

Rirath
01-04-2003, 09:52 PM
I'm sure someone would be able to remove your account with little problem, but it's the removal of nearly 400 posts that'd probably be asking quite a bit.

Ed Hansberry
01-04-2003, 09:53 PM
I've PM'd mookie. This should be handled offline. Thanks.

seanturner
01-13-2003, 04:33 AM
I just tried and am pretty sure you can't edit a post blank to delete it. It gave me an error message...

Rirath
01-13-2003, 05:36 AM
Well, this is bringing up an old topic for no reason, but I assumed the person would know to just put an ellipsis or an short "removed" message.

Ed Hansberry
01-13-2003, 02:34 PM
Well, this is bringing up an old topic for no reason, but I assumed the person would know to just put an ellipsis or an short "removed" message.
Rirath, just because you don't see a reason to resurrect it doesn't mean there isn't one, ok? :?

Just scroll down to the bottom of this page, click "Stop watching this topic" and you won't be bothered by it.

Rirath
01-13-2003, 10:10 PM
Was it not you yourself who said this should be handled offline? :|
Make up your mind, eh?

Ed Hansberry
01-13-2003, 10:22 PM
Was it not you yourself who said this should be handled offline? :|
Make up your mind, eh?
Rirath, that was between me and the original user requesting it. You let the PPCT team deal with site management. If you have a particular issue that needs addressing, use the contact page.

I'll tell you what I tell my kids. Worry about Rirath and let everyone else worry about themselves.

Rirath
01-13-2003, 10:58 PM
Aw shucks, thanks Ed. I'll log that with all the other "useful" information you people have given me over the past 11 months.

Just to note, I was worrying about myself. It was I who said to blank posts, and I was simply explaining what I meant. I tossed in a comment about bringing this up again not being worthwhile, and I stand by it.

Janak Parekh
01-14-2003, 12:07 AM
I tossed in a comment about bringing this up again not being worthwhile, and I stand by it.
OK, then you won't mind me burying this dead horse.

--janak