View Full Version : Compact Flash Card help!

Xtreme23
01-04-2003, 06:51 AM
hey im trying to transfer some music and other files to my cf card... and im not sure how to go about doing this ... any advice?

Rirath
01-04-2003, 06:53 AM
Not very hard... my computer, mobile device, my pocket pc, CF card the easiest way.

Steven Cedrone
01-04-2003, 06:56 AM
hey im trying to transfer some music and other files to my cf card... and im not sure how to go about doing this ... any advice?

Do you have an external reader? If not use ActiveSync: double clck on "My Computer", "Mobile Device", "My Pocket PC", "CF Card", and dump your data there...

If you need more help, reply here...

Steve

***Rirath: do you ever sleep?? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rirath
01-04-2003, 06:58 AM
But isn't mobile device the my docs folder of the ram?

Steven Cedrone
01-04-2003, 07:00 AM
But isn't mobile device the my docs folder of the ram?

Man, you are quick!!! I was still editing... :lol:

Steve

Rirath
01-04-2003, 07:01 AM
Heh sorry. ^_^; And no, I try not to sleep. I tend to call the small bursts of sleep "passing out" for random amounts of time. :wink:

Steven Cedrone
01-04-2003, 07:03 AM
Heh sorry. ^_^; And no, I try not to sleep. I tend to call the small bursts of sleep "passing out" for random amounts of time. :wink:

Ha!!! When I pass out it's for LONG periods of time - ALWAYS... :wink: :wink:

Steve

Kati Compton
01-04-2003, 07:05 AM
It starts you off there, but you can go "out" of it from within the Explorer in ActiveSync. There should be an icon at the top that says "Device" or something like that. Double-clicking that will get you to the "real root".

Xtreme23
01-04-2003, 07:10 AM
sweet thanx! I got it now.... did u guys know there's a 5.1 built in storage do i the same thing to store some stuff there? i guess it's like a hidden storage area in the Axim...

Rirath
01-04-2003, 07:15 AM
sweet thanx! I got it now.... did u guys know there's a 5.1 built in storae do i the same thing to store some stuff there? i guess it's like a hidden storage area in the Axim...

I believe you speak of the mystical "ROM"? Not very hidden. :)

Xtreme23
01-04-2003, 07:26 AM
ha yeah i guess so not hidden .. but can u actually store stuff there too?

oh and anything u know when u go to install a game or a new software how can you have install it on to the CF card verse the main storage on the Axim.. but i don't recall any options of where u want to install the game besides the PC then it sync the installationi to ur PDA.

Rirath
01-04-2003, 07:28 AM
The rom is fine to store stuff in, I was quite surprised when I found it was usable too. I've heard anything in rom will survive a hard reset, not sure.

To install to a CF card, or the ROM, when installing a program will ask you "do you want to install to the default location?" say no. Select CF card or Built in Storage for ROM. Main Location is RAM.

Roosterman
01-05-2003, 05:55 AM
You can also transfer music to your card thru WMP. Go to copy music to cd or device. You will find a drop down that lists the various storage places listed for you to choose from.

spursdude
01-05-2003, 08:41 AM
You can also transfer music to your card thru WMP. Go to copy music to cd or device. You will find a drop down that lists the various storage places listed for you to choose from.

I was just experimenting with that the other day - I noticed that it actually changed some of my file names, and took out the artists' names from the file names. It was kind of annoying...anybody else notice this?