View Full Version : Did the Upgrade, now half the screen doesn't espond to taps

Hank Scorpio
01-03-2003, 04:25 PM
I finally was able to upgrade my PPCPE and went through the process with no problems. After doing the hard reset the screen seemed to be unresponsive to most of my taps. It seems to be the inside of the right side I can bring up the keyboard but the right hand side of the keyboard don't show response. I live in Canada so I can't just find help, can't phone support cause I ain't gots no t-mobile number. Anyone else having this problem? One recent post said his screen is MORE responsive, whyid mine get screwed?

Monty Gibson
01-03-2003, 04:49 PM
I finally was able to upgrade my PPCPE and went through the process with no problems. After doing the hard reset the screen seemed to be unresponsive to most of my taps. It seems to be the inside of the right side I can bring up the keyboard but the right hand side of the keyboard don't show response. I live in Canada so I can't just find help, can't phone support cause I ain't gots no t-mobile number. Anyone else having this problem? One recent post said his screen is MORE responsive, whyid mine get screwed?

Did you try re-aligning your screen?

Hank Scorpio
01-03-2003, 05:29 PM
ha, worked, I did the relign thing when it hard reseted, never thought to do it again, thanks fer reminding me

Monty Gibson
01-03-2003, 07:23 PM
ha, worked, I did the relign thing when it hard reseted, never thought to do it again, thanks fer reminding me

The simple things we forget sometime :lol: :roll:. Glad to help.

Diamondraught
01-10-2003, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I was wondrin how the phone was behavin after the upgrade?

Does it address the issues it was meant to remedy?

griph
01-14-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi, I was wondrin how the phone was behavin after the upgrade? Does it address the issues it was meant to remedy?

I was wondering which Upgrade is being referred to. Is this the RAM
upgrade offered by Pocket PC Techs? Or is this some ROM upgrade that I haven't heard about?

Regards
Griph

AdrianP
01-14-2003, 08:12 PM
This is the EUU3 (flash) rom upgrade which basically just fixes some bugs in the PPCPE operating system (as I understand it). Does anyone know whether it fixes the SMS-ID bug?

Glad to see the brits dominating the forums :wink: ... I'm an O2 XDA user and, so far as I know, O2-UK hasn't yet made available EUU3 for the XDA (O2-Ireland has, for example); T-Mobile have. Apparently, the T-Mobile upgrade or the Irish upgrade should work but don't take it from me (it will probably invalidate your warranty as well).

If it goes wrong the rom upgrade can do some pretty dirty things to your XDA, so I'm going to wait until O2-UK officially release EUU3 so that when it all goes horribly wrong (as per this thread) I've got someone to throw my XDA at...

Adrian
London

Monty Gibson
01-14-2003, 08:28 PM
This is the EUU3 (flash) rom upgrade which basically just fixes some bugs in the PPCPE operating system (as I understand it). Does anyone know whether it fixes the SMS-ID bug?

It was not fixed by the EUU1 update from T-Mobile.

Monty Gibson
01-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Hi,

I was wondrin how the phone was behavin after the upgrade?

Does it address the issues it was meant to remedy?

Phone behaves fine and yes, it fixed the problems that T-Mobile meant to address at this time.

Monty Gibson
01-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Hi, I was wondrin how the phone was behavin after the upgrade? Does it address the issues it was meant to remedy?

I was wondering which Upgrade is being referred to. Is this the RAM
upgrade offered by Pocket PC Techs? Or is this some ROM upgrade that I haven't heard about?

Regards
Griph

Griph,

This is the download of the EUU1 that everyone is talking about. It's from T-Mobile U.S.A. and is a FLASH ROM update: http://www.t-mobile.com/products/handhelds/pocketpc/downloads.asp

griph
01-15-2003, 11:19 AM
This is the EUU3 (flash) rom upgrade

Glad to see the brits dominating the forums :wink: ... I'm an O2 XDA user and, so far as I know, O2-UK hasn't yet made available EUU3 for the XDA (O2-Ireland has, for example);).

so I'm going to wait until O2-UK officially release EUU3 so that when it all goes horribly wrong .... I've got someone to throw my XDA at...

Adrian
Thanks for the response - I didn't think O2 had issued anything! Their web site says they are working on it. I shall wait - good advice!
Regards
Griph

griph
01-15-2003, 11:31 AM
This is the download of the EUU1 that everyone is talking about. It's from T-Mobile U.S.A. and is a FLASH ROM update: http://www.t-mobile.com/products/handhelds/pocketpc/downloads.asp

Monty
Many thanks for the response. I am not going to risk a T Mob upgrade on my XDA - the O2 site says they are working on an upgrade and it will be out 'soon'. I think it would otherwise be a case ofdact in haste - repent at leisure.
Regards
Griph