View Full Version : Problem when typing with the Stylus

FisherPrice
01-03-2003, 09:51 AM
Asking for my step dad (I have a Toshiba)
Occasionally (1-12 letters) the wrong letter will be selected.
Example:
I press G and the letter T, Y, or N will be typed.

I had never encountered this I belive his model is the H3650

dannyoneill
01-03-2003, 10:06 AM
Sounds likke you need to realign your screen Start>Settings>System>screen

But most of the time we would log this on our helpdesk as PEBCAKB (Problem Exists Between Chair And KeyBoard) :D

Delta737
01-03-2003, 01:28 PM
I have a similar problem. Sometimes, when I type a letter, it stay's blank and skips one position ahead. So, for example, when I type an R my Toshiba e310 sometimes acts like I pressed the spacebar. Have that problem with a couple of letters. Not really a big thing, just very annoying. Did someone else encoutered this problem as well?

Sven Johannsen
01-03-2003, 03:59 PM
What are these ipaq and toshiba questions doing in the HP Retro forum :?: :)

When you do a screen re-alignment, make sure you do it holding and using the device the way you normally would in everyday use. The keys on the on-screen keyboard are real small and looking at the device from a slightly different angle can easily make you miss.

All I'm trying to say is don't lay the unit on a desk and look straight down on it to do the alignment, unless that is how you always use it.

That said, digitizers do go bad. If if is not fixed by realignment, and then not by the dreaded hard reset, a repair may be in order. Or it is natures way of telling you, you need to upgrade :D

Steven Cedrone
01-03-2003, 04:31 PM
What are these ipaq and toshiba questions doing in the HP Retro forum :?: :)

Good point!!! Thread moved...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

disconnected
01-03-2003, 04:37 PM
I had an iPAQ 3650 (and loved it :) ), but after about a year and a half, the same thing happened to mine. The whole bottom two rows of the keyboard became kind of offset, so I had to press below where the key should have been. Re-aligning didn't help.

FisherPrice
01-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Sorry about Post Placement.
I was doing it for my stepfather who got one for christmas.
I have Toshiba E740 :lol:

I am just trying to find him some info.