View Full Version : ActiveSync can't write to Outlook...

Hugh Nano
01-03-2003, 06:49 AM
I keep getting this odd error message in ActiveSync every time I try to resolve one e-mail in my Inbox that refuses to synchronize: "The following message cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80070607. The item will be skipped." It's been showing up for quite some time now.

Today two contacts inexplicably refused to synchronize, and a very similar eror message appeared when I tried to resolve them: "The following contact cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004005. The item will be skipped."

Has anyone out there experienced similar problems? Can anyone suggest possible solutions? I was thinking of taking everything out of my Inbox to troubleshoot the first message, but obviously I can't do that with my contacts!

Pony99CA
01-03-2003, 10:20 AM
I keep getting this odd error message in ActiveSync every time I try to resolve one e-mail in my Inbox that refuses to synchronize: "The following message cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80070607. The item will be skipped." It's been showing up for quite some time now.

Today two contacts inexplicably refused to synchronize, and a very similar eror message appeared when I tried to resolve them: "The following contact cannot be written to Microsoft Outlook due to error 80004005. The item will be skipped."

Has anyone out there experienced similar problems? Can anyone suggest possible solutions? I was thinking of taking everything out of my Inbox to troubleshoot the first message, but obviously I can't do that with my contacts!
I've gotten those ridiculous error messages on Contacts two or three times in the past. Sadly, I don't remember how I fixed them, but I can give you a couple of suggestions if you know which contact is failing.

First, try copying the failing contact, then renaming it slightly. Delete the original one, then try syncing again. If the sync succeeds, rename the new contact back to the original name.

If that doesn't work, write the contact information down, delete the contact, sync, then enter the contact again. That should clear the problem up. You may have to delete the contact on both the Pocket PC and in Outlook before syncing.

Steve

jeasher
01-03-2003, 04:18 PM
Why won't Activesync get my entire inbox to my iPAQ? It sends either the top three or the most recent, I can't tell which yet. I am a new PPC user so I don't know what I am doing yet. Also, do I have an address book option? Thanks.

Pony99CA
01-05-2003, 05:21 AM
Why won't Activesync get my entire inbox to my iPAQ? It sends either the top three or the most recent, I can't tell which yet. I am a new PPC user so I don't know what I am doing yet. Also, do I have an address book option?
Your address book is your Contacts database. If you click New while in Inbox to send an E-mail, the first icon to the right of My Text will show you the E-mail addresses of your contacts.

Steve