View Full Version : Confessions from a Technology-Hooked CEO

Jason Dunn
01-03-2003, 04:26 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://specials.msn.com/customad/content/digitalhq/article1.asp' target='_blank'>http://specials.msn.com/customad/co...hq/article1.asp</a><br /><br /></div>"Michael Ahern loves technology. So much so that if you turned him upside down and shook, he'd instantly lose 10 pounds from all the gadgets falling out of his pockets. Ahern, 39, is chief executive officer of GiftCertificates.com, a 130-person company based in Seattle that offers gift certificates from 300 retailers to businesses and consumers. He's also my former boss. When I call to ask about interviewing him for this article, he laughs. "I've gotten worse," he tells me. "I've got three cell phones in my pockets right now, and I just ordered the Tablet PC."<br /><br />So after reading this article, I have to ask, how many devices do you carry, and what are they? Myself, when I leave the house for a typical outing, I carry my 128 MB Pocket PC Phone Edition, and my wallet. That's it. You?

Kati Compton
01-03-2003, 04:29 AM
Cheap old cell phone, Dell Axim, and generally my Canon A20 digital camera. Well, plus wallet. Pens. Face powder. Gum. Lip balm. Tissues. Old receipts. Random bits of paper with small unintelligible notes to myself..... Ack. Gotta clean out my purse.

jpmierau
01-03-2003, 04:34 AM
Motorola cellphone and Jornada 568. I've been a proud holdout of separate devices...but Jason makes the XDA sound like a successful marriage. Only takes up one pocket, or room on a belt. Hmm....have to wait for that fabled CDMA XDA, but maybe I'll make the switch!

Oh, and keys a crapload of change.

Fishie
01-03-2003, 04:36 AM
I never leave home without my backpack with my Intermec, International travel passport, shaver, tootbrush and paste, deodorant etcetera on my back and my PPC in my pocket.
Sometimes I just get the urge to leave the country and check out videogame arcades elsewhere so when I do I am prepared.
I can leave and return on a whim and well I can buy fresh clothes wherever I end up.

Steven Cedrone
01-03-2003, 04:36 AM
On a short trip (to the store, etc.) Phone, Pocket PC. But, the longer the trip, the more I carry... :wink:

Steve

Janak Parekh
01-03-2003, 04:41 AM
Oh boy, I think I'm more on the other end. On my person, I'm always carrying:
Ericsson T68 (upgraded to T68i firmware);
iPaq 3870 with CF+ sleeve and 1GB Microdrive;
wallet and keys;
watch (on my wrist, getting upgraded shortly to an atomic Casio).But then I have my bag, which is with me 99% of the time, with the following:
Sony SR17K laptop;
headphones and tiny FM/AM radio;
Casio Exilim camera (tiny 2 megapixel gizmo);
Other odds and ends-- a Leatherman, screwdriver, a bunch of PC cards, Motorola Bluetooth headset, a couple of floppy disks and CDROM's, etc.My friends think I'm nuts. Hopefully some of you guys won't be so hard on me, and will demonstrate you carry more. ;)

--janak

chris234
01-03-2003, 04:42 AM
Well, too many.... At least a pager and a phone, often a PDA (formerly an iPaq, currently a Palm while awaiting a useable email client for the PPC) and my iPod. Unfortunately celluar coverage limits don't let me punt the pager for the forseeable future.....

KyleC
01-03-2003, 04:44 AM
I carry my Toshiba e310, my old Palm m100, my "Tip Calculator" (TI-89), my wallet, inhaler (I have asthma), pens, pencils, perhaps a floppy or two :wink:

In comparison to what other people say they carry, my load is light!

&lt;*> EVERYBODY - THIS IS MY 100TH POST! YAY! &lt;*>

KyleC
01-03-2003, 04:46 AM
watch (on my wrist, getting upgraded shortly to an atomic Casio
Do you have to count that? Should I also include that I have clothes on as well? :wink:

Jonathon Watkins
01-03-2003, 04:47 AM
My friends think I'm nuts.

I think we all think that of you. :lol:

Hopefully some of you guys won't be so hard on me, and will demonstrate you carry more. ;)

Ummm, not me I'm afraid: LOOX, Nokia 3210 (about to be replaced with T68i), espion camera keyring and that's it in terms of portable tech toys. - Well - except for longer pleasure trips when I might carry my Canon S30 camera with extra batteries and CF cards. :P

Janak Parekh
01-03-2003, 04:51 AM
watch (on my wrist, getting upgraded shortly to an atomic Casio
Do you have to count that? Should I also include that I have clothes on as well? :wink:
You'd be surprised the number of people that pocket their watch... or don't have one...

Oh, and re 100th post: you have a ways to go to reach "circus freak" status. Congrats, though. ;)

--janak

Alucard
01-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Depends where I am:

School where I am most of the time:
In my pockets: Wallet, multi-function pen, Axim X5, Inhaler, Keys attached to LED flashlight, cell phone

In my Backpack: IBM Thinkpad A30, various calculators (2 scientific ones, one graphing), water bottle -- Books and papers don't count

Not at School: Wallet, Multifunction pen, Axim X5, inhaler, Keys, Cell phone

Kati Compton
01-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Oh, and re 100th post: you have a ways to go to reach "circus freak" status. Congrats, though. ;)

Has that status been implemented yet?

Will I be smarter when I'm a Pocket PC Sage?

;)

csterns
01-03-2003, 05:00 AM
Nokia 8390, Ipaq 3975 w/Aircard and pager (cause I have to).

KyleC
01-03-2003, 05:01 AM

;)

Undoubtedly.

Hey! Another post! :D

Janak Parekh
01-03-2003, 05:01 AM
Has that status been implemented yet?
Not yet. I think Pony is currently leading the pack by being an Oracle. :) Jason's ranks go quite a bit farther than that...

Ask your advisor? ;)

--janak

KyleC
01-03-2003, 05:03 AM
Janak,
It's nice to see that you are now "Site Admin" instead of "The admin formerly known as BigDaddyJ". It looks much simpler now. 8)

Janak Parekh
01-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Janak,
It's nice to see that you are now "Site Admin" instead of "The admin formerly known as BigDaddyJ". It looks much simpler now. 8)
Yes, it was part of my New Year's Resolutions, but it's not much of a Resolution since I just went and fixed it. :)

--janak

JonnoB
01-03-2003, 05:10 AM

;)

It hasn't worked for me :(

... or at least that is the case according to my wife. 8O

masaki
01-03-2003, 05:12 AM
Devices that I carry every day are...

1. iPAQ 3970 with 1GB Microdrive.
2. Sony Ericsson T68i with a spare battery.
3. Garmin eTrex Vista GPS with 2 packs of 4AAs Ni-MH and cable to connect to iPAQ.
4. A backup cell phone either the Ericsson T66 or Nokia 8890.
5. Sony Cyber-shot P9 with extra 16/32/64/128MB Memory Sticks and a spare battery.
7. A laser pointer (does this count??).
8. Sony MiniDisc Recorder MZ-R91 with a microphone for recording and spare MiniDiscs.
9. A Leatherman Squirt S4 http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/s4/default.asp (does this count??)

That's about it. Oh yeah...I carry them all in my coat :)

ricksfiona
01-03-2003, 05:19 AM
Non-work day:
Ericcson t28i (w/Bluetooth dongle)
Ipaq 3870
Jabra Bluetooth Headset

Work:
(Same as above)
Foldable Keyboard

I'm a computer consultant and I just HATE lugging my laptop around (ThinkPad 600). I take it with me about 2 - 4 days a month. Technology is supposed to serve US, not the other way around. My Ipaq serves me well! Documenting, billing, E-mail: all taken care of by my Ipaq. If I could get a Novell client to give me network access and printing capabilities, that would be awesome.

I'm waiting for a MS Smartphone that has bluetooth/GSM-GPRS/SDIO built-in. I'll be happy for a LONG time when that happens. I would like an Ipaq 5450, but I can totally wait until the price drops a couple hundred. Bluetooth - ABSOLUTELY necessary in a cell phone and I would like the speed of GSM.

I read that same MSN article. That guy is totally over-doing it. See what having too much money can do to you? A backup laptop in the car? What a waste of money.

KyleC
01-03-2003, 05:23 AM

;)

It hasn't worked for me :(

... or at least that is the case according to my wife. 8O

But you're an Oracle now!

dazla
01-03-2003, 05:29 AM
Most of the time it's;

Sony Ericsson T68i
Sony Ericsson HBH-30 (bluetooth headset)
HP Jornada 928 WDA
Casio WQV3 Watch Camera

Although the Jornada 928 has PPC Phone Edition, I only use the wireless part for GPRS data connections - I feel that using it as a phone is inconvenient and drains the battery (which is one of the weaker points of this pocket pc).

szamot
01-03-2003, 05:47 AM
Samsung cell
Axim X5 with 256 SD card
super thin wallet, 1 credit card, bank card, driver licence, 4 business cards
head phones - optional
Movado Museum watch - obligatory accessory
car key fob
never less, never more

road trip:
as above +
Stinkpad t20 with DVD and CD burner
iSUN solar charger for all the gadgets
tape adapter for rental cars and spare 256 SD card with mp3's
wireless card

I try to take as little as possible

KyleC
01-03-2003, 05:52 AM
Samsung cell
Axim X5 with 256 SD card
super thin wallet, 1 credit card, bank card, driver licence, 4 business cards
head phones - optional
Movado Museum watch - obligatory accessory
car key fob
never less, never more

I try to take as little as possible

The Axim appears to be the biggest thing you carry around. Perhaps if you got a smaller handheld like the h1910...?

yvilla
01-03-2003, 06:01 AM
Kinda depends on where I am too. Even within my house, I never go anywhere without my e550G (with 1 gig microdrive).
'
Non-work outings, short trips around town, then its the PPC and a cell phone, and my trusty mini-leatheman on my key chain of course. If the book I'm currently reading is not on my PPC, however, I never leave home without a paper-based book also in tow.

If I think I'll be awhile, I'll take a bag that also holds my wireless CF card, my emergency power pack (a DPS 9000), PC card sled and PC card hard drive that has my music on it, and my great mini-headphones with remote.

During the work week, or anytime I'm out with my briefcase, that holds all of the above plus my Pocket Top keyboard, and more recently, my new Tablet PC! (which, I'm afraid, is also going to become my constant companion along with my PPC :lol: ).

Yeah, I know...count me among the hard-core addicted. (Hey, I'm really not so bad, I only take my digital camera with me when I think I'll be taking pictures)!

Daniel
01-03-2003, 06:22 AM
I think we should all take the time to show our respective spouses this thread to proove either that we're not the only ones that "carry all that crap around" or that there are people worse than us! :)

Short trips:
T39 (it has all my calendar & contacts in it)
G-Shock Riseman (Altimeter, Barometer & Thermometer)
iPod (10GB)

Longer trips:
As above plus
HBH-15 BT Headset
PowerBook G4
Canon G1 + 512MB Microdrive
Various cables & crap

I sooo need a new PPC but since I sold my H3660 I've been wating for the killer device. At the moment I'm waiting for the 54xx or 56xx or the Neonode which is coming to the US. :)

Daniel

GadgetDave
01-03-2003, 06:27 AM
Wow, some people (my wonderful wife included) think I carry a lot, but not compared to some ... My list:

Toshiba e740 with bluetooth SD card and expansion module
Ericsson T68i
RIM Blackberry (because the always active push email still works better, unfortunately)
Sometimes Canon S100 Camera (small and cool)
When I travel far, Magellan GPS with Serial to USB cable for the PPC

Whew!

Paragon
01-03-2003, 06:33 AM
T-Mobile XDA....that's it! Why complicate matters.

Dave

&lt;edit> I forgot I sometimes take my wife with me.....I guess that complicates matters doesn't it. :D

fyiguy
01-03-2003, 06:35 AM
All ya need is one of these...
http://www.bostonpocketpc.com/images/pix/news/PoormanPalmPilot.jpg
(Poorman's PalmPilot)

:D

wizardmaster2k
01-03-2003, 06:36 AM
Well lets see.... I go to a local High School in LV, so I don't think I would need all of the items most of you people have (although I wish I had all the money to buy them :))

Regular school day:
Watch, Compaq ipaq PA-1 mp3 player, chapstick, KOSS tube headphones (awesome), Wallet, Keys, soon to be a PPC (I have had 4 in my life, and I now must buy a new one, I'm still not sure which one though), and a few other small things I can't remember. Oh yea, school stuff.

Lan Party, long trip, friends house, ect...
All of the above (minus school stuff)
Laptop (Dell 8200 with the works), games, lan cables/internet, soon to be digital camera (in same category as PPC, can't choose which one I want)

octop8
01-03-2003, 06:50 AM
Toshiba e550g with BT card plugged in
BT headset
Sony Ericsson T68i phone

That's already one too many.....

Daniel
01-03-2003, 07:27 AM
(Poorman's PalmPilot)

I'm sure that Palms lawyers will come knocking asking for this to be removed. Companies don't like it when people post pictures of their upcoming products you know!

Palm people will claim that this is more usable than PPC. They'll also claim that it plays MP3s...

Daniel

Dave Beauvais
01-03-2003, 07:28 AM
All ya need is one of these... [...] (Poorman's PalmPilot)
:rofl::!::!:

I'll sometimes say "LOL" in messages, but I don't often actually do it in real life. I can honestly say that I laughed my butt off when I saw that. :lol:

--Dave

T-Will
01-03-2003, 08:01 AM
On a regular day I carry:

HP iPAQ 1910 w/128 MB SD
Motorola V66 Flip Phone
PhD Multifunction Pen (Green, my favorite color)
Wallet
Keys
Chapstick
Cool Mint Listerine PocketPaks

On extended trips I carry everything on the above list plus:

Intermec 6651 HPC
Socket 802.11 CF WiFi card
USB Mouse

The Big Jay
01-03-2003, 08:02 AM
"Michael Ahern loves technology. So much so that if you turned him upside down and shook, he'd instantly lose 10 pounds from all the gadgets falling out of his pockets. Ahern, 39, is chief executive officer of GiftCertificates.com, a 130-person company based in Seattle that offers gift certificates from 300 retailers to businesses and consumers. He's also my former boss. When I call to ask about interviewing him for this article, he laughs. "I've gotten worse," he tells me. "I've got three cell phones in my pockets right now, and I just ordered the Tablet PC."

So after reading this article, I have to ask, how many devices do you carry, and what are they? Myself, when I leave the house for a typical outing, I carry my 128 MB Pocket PC Phone Edition, and my wallet. That's it. You?

Jason, where did you get your PPCPE? I could only find the Audiovox locally. (Unfortunately I don't think I'll leave my T68i just yet, though...)

Usually I bring my Dell and T68. Sometimes my camera (Canon S20), but unfortunately it's in the shop :cry:

twntaipan
01-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Daily:
1. Casio E-200 (with 128 mb SD card and 128 mb CF card)
2. CF Modem
3. CF WLan card
4. CF Ethernet card and cable
5. Motorola Time Port cell phone
6. Instant Power (to recharge the PDA in emergencies).
7. USB Flash drive (128 mb).
8. USB host adaptor for E-200 (which lets me use the USB flash drive if I need it)
9. Pretec CF Camera (for the occasional picture)
10. Head phones with external controls for E-200.

Longer Trip (3 to 5 days away from home; no computer bag):
1. All the above
2. USB mini-Virtually Indestructable Keyboard (for use with E-200 via USB host adapter)
3. USB mini mouse (as above)
4. Olympus C-700 Ultrazoom (128 mb card; I can also connect straight to the E-200 via the USB host adapter and Deje's USB drivers!)
5. Casio Charger for E-200

Long Trips (6 days or more):
1. Most of above minus USB keyboard and mouse.
2. Sony Vaio R505
3. Instant Power USB charger (leave the Casio charger at home)

I gave up full sized notebooks when my shoulder collapsed.

bbarker
01-03-2003, 08:35 AM
My Jornada 568, my Kyocera 2235 Verizon 1xRTT Express Network phone, and a cable that hooks them together so I can use the phone as my wireless modem. Add to that my wallet, my keys, my silver 4-way stylus pen, my pen knife, a comb, some business cards and some change in my pocket.

If I'm going to need them I might carry some or all of the following accessories: the Symbol Wi-Fi CF card, the Targus folding keyboard, the Jornada pocket keyboard (which I don't like much), an extra battery, the car charger, the CF 56K modem (which I rarely use any more), and maybe even the external power pack/charger (a Jornada 540 series accessory that works with the 560 series).

imorton
01-03-2003, 09:37 AM
Jornada 565 w/256 meg CF, CF Wireless LAN card (for those "HotSpots")Canon PowerShot S230, Nokia 3360 (TDMA 9600 baud, what a joke), cash, and I try and never forget a CONDOM. I love technology, but as they say "A man's gotta get some sometimes"...

BTW, I think this is the best PPC site, it's constantly being updated daily, lots of news, tips and tricks.

Keep up the great work.

Ian, Montreal, Canada...

carphead
01-03-2003, 10:01 AM
Work Days....

t68i
3970 (PC-Sleeve + 128 SD Card + 64MB CF Card + 340MB Microdrive) (Microdrive has all my MP3's on)
Compaq Micro Keyboard
Sync and Power Cable
Lucent Wi-Fi Card
IBM TP T23 (DVD)
USB 2 120MB HDD
CD-RW (for t23)
FLOPPY Drive (for T23)
3 x 20 CD Cases
Frontier Labs Nex II MP3 Player + 128 CF Card (Nex works with all CF Media including Microdrives)
Ricoh RR30 Digital Camera
Cables for connecting to RJ-11, RJ-45 and UK Phone Sockets
Cables for Car and Airplane power connections

3 x SDLT 220 Backup Tapes (these mothers are big)

All of these are in a Targus laptop backpack. Good Job I'm a big guy! :)

Non-Work days....

T68i
and maybe the IPAQ :D

I'm waiting for the Ericsson P800 then I can stop carrying the IPAQ with me 8O.

Do I win a prize for the most amount of stuff?

I forgot to add my Wallet, House Keys, Work Keys and http://tinyurl.com/41b2 - My Car Key. :D Plus of course stupid stuff like 10 pens of various colours and CD-R's

dMores
01-03-2003, 12:48 PM
back when i only had my cellphone, things were easy.

but then my gadget-armada grew, and i switched to using a small backpack all the time.

but now i have a shiny new leather business case which holds

t68i
pocketLOOX
HBH-30 bluetooth headset
mca-25 communicam
keys
driver's license, car-papers, etc.

Kevin C. Tofel
01-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Motorola Star Tac cell phone clipped to holster
Pager for work
Wallet
Dell Axim A5
and ALWAYS a nice pen (Cross, Waterman, Mont Blanc......)

:)

It's amazing with today's technology how many folks still ask, "Do you have a pen I could use?".....will the question one day be "Do you have a PC I can use?"

KCT

daveh
01-03-2003, 12:56 PM
Daily: (commute, store etc)
IPAQ 5400
T68
Stereo Earbuds
3 SD cards (two kept in wallet)

Weekends: all the above plus
Casio EXILM (in a credit card wallet)
Bluetooth Headset

Business Travel: all the above plus
Multiple Power Cords
Laptop (need for work email and presentations)

As a side note, I made pledge about a year ago not to carry a manpurse, briefcase, or backpack on a daily basis. I have been sucessfull! But I will say, I'm glad carpenter pants/cargo pants are in fashion.

I also have different configurations for different situations, or how many pockets I have available :wink: . For eample, sometimes I wear the t68 on my belt, sometimes I wear the IPAQ (never both), sometimes both are pocketed. It all depends on what I am wearing, where I am going and what I anticipate my technology needs or downtime will be.

Doug Rausch
01-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Basic gear is always iPAQ, Ericsson cell phone, and watch.

If I'm going to work I also add CF back, multiple CF cards (memory, modem, WiFI), folding keyboard, and home-made battery extender. Sometimes that is increased by a laptop (which I hate lugging around) and a second cell phone.

The first thing I'd get rid of is the second cell phone. I loved being in Europe - modify your cell and you could have two sim cards in it. Multiple numbers, multiple billing, easy to switch phones and keep the same number. The US really needs to catch up in cell phone tech.

Perry Reed
01-03-2003, 03:51 PM
I usually carry the following, split between my pockets and a bag:

Jornada 568
Sanyo 4900 Sprint Vision phone
Nikon CoolPix 4300 digital camera
Archos 6000 Jukebox MP3 player
Mattel handhelds (Football, Football II, Baseball)
One-Touch Ultra glucose monitor (I hate having to have this one, actually)

And various accessories including a Stowaway keyboard, HP pocket keyboard, cables, and a ton of CF cards (RAM, MicroDrive, Wi-Fi)

fmcpherson
01-03-2003, 04:00 PM
Amazingly enough, I was not the type of person to carry my Pocket PC everywhere I go. That was before the Pocket PC Phone Edition. Now that I have the PE it goes with me everywhere. Like Jason, that is pretty much all I carry unless I am going to a work site or a long trip, then I pack up the RoadWired MegaMedia bag with all my Pocket PC peripherals and an IBM ThinkPad T21.

Jeff Kirvin
01-03-2003, 05:14 PM
So after reading this article, I have to ask, how many devices do you carry, and what are they? Myself, when I leave the house for a typical outing, I carry my 128 MB Pocket PC Phone Edition, and my wallet. That's it. You?
Pocket PC Phone Edition (in a Vaja case which doubles as a wallet), full-sized pen/stylus combo and car keys. That's it. No watch, no wallet, and I can ditch the glasses when I can afford to get laser eye surgery. :? If I'm feeling particularly jaunty, I'll take the hands-free headset for my PPCPE as well.

spg
01-03-2003, 05:19 PM
I carry my iPAQ 3765, and my Compaq TC1000 Tablet PC. I don't have a cell phone, so that is about the extent of the gadgets I carry.

Daniel
01-03-2003, 06:41 PM
Boy, do people ever carry a lot of stuff! I've been trying to minimize what I have ever since I started carrying nerd toys. That's why I don't have a PPC. I was just using it for music, games, contacts & calendar. Then when I got the T39 I was able to sync my contacts & calendar with that. I then got an iPod which meant I could carry heaps more music with me. The iPaq became almost redundant. But now I find that I'm yearning for a PPC again, It'll either be a smartphone or a PPCPE so that I can keep my pockets relatively empty. :)

Is it just me or are other people annoyed when they have to carry all this stuff?

Compaq TC1000 Tablet PCI've been thinking about a Tablet too, what do you think?

Daniel

nitrofly
01-03-2003, 07:10 PM
spectacles, testicles, lighter, watch.

RDC
01-03-2003, 07:16 PM
Daily I carry the Spaceneedle and PhD multi-pen. A Canon S110 is my bag.

On trips the Bose Noise Reduction headphones and iPod are added to the mix.

gwizard
01-03-2003, 08:20 PM
Now all I carry around with me is my Diamond Mako and some kleenex. When I get my Axim I will be carrying my Axim, a foldy Axim keyboard, some nice Sony earbuds I picked up (for jammin to some of my oldies I have stored on my 128 mb CF card :lol: ), and kleenex :D

johncj
01-03-2003, 08:32 PM
In my pockets:

Sanyo 4900
Wallet, Car key, change

In my ever-present laptop bag:

Toshiba e740 (w/256Meg CF and 128Meg SD cards)
Dell Laptop (with usb mouse and extra hard drive)
Gomadic usb charger/sync cable
FutureDial usb cable (to use cell phone as modem)
CD Case (WinXP, Win2K server, Winternals Utilities)
Ethernet Cable
802.11b PC card for the laptop
Assorted personal items

I'm a consultant, does it show?

cherring
01-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Casio E-200, Siemens S45, HP Cf Pocket Camera, Wallet, memorex CF Card, Headphones.

acronym
01-03-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm surprised there's only one other carrying a usb flash disk. those things are really handy since they went over 100meg.

the only other things I always carry are the axim and t68 phone/motorola bluetooth headset

oh, and credit card transducers on the keychain

and chapstick

Tierran
01-04-2003, 12:09 AM
Lets see, I carry around my Jornada 565 w/265 mb CF card, Jensen earbuds, 2 in 1 stylus/pen, Motorola i100plus, key chain and my wallet. Not too much really compared to some of you 8O

hulksmash
01-04-2003, 12:33 AM
I typically carry my iPAQ3955; Jornada 568 with extended battery pack/pc card adapter with iPAQ wifi PC Card in it; also my Samsung flip cell phone (Sprint); hp 812 Digital Camera with two 128 MB SD Flash cards. Not too bad, but it weighs a bit heavy in my leather laptop bag which, incidentally, is by Kenneth Cole. Oh and I just got my iPAQ wifi pc card to work with my 3955. :roll: Go figure, it was really easy to set up with a Jornada, but it took me about a week to figure out how to access the correct drivers from Compaq and then to get the iPAQ 3955 to recognize and "iPAQ" wifi card. :evil: Oh, and don't let me forget my NEW favorite piece of technology: my 10 GB Apple iPod -- and just got the Monster Car Adapter and Charger for the iPOD as well as the Monster cables to use with my home stereo, so i'm rockin now braddas!! :rock on dude!: Oh yeah, and my wallet and Troika Keychain.

seanturner
01-04-2003, 06:17 AM
It used to be my iPaq 3850, my PCMCIA sleeve, my Orinoco PCMCIA card, money, a Nokia cell phone, a Sensa (www.sensability.net) Pencil, Fountain, and Gell Pen. Now, it will be all of the above, except the PDA stuff has all been condenced into my iPaq 5455. :D

seanturner
01-04-2003, 06:17 AM
I typically carry my iPAQ3955; Jornada 568

Why 2 pda's?

chuwi
01-05-2003, 01:42 PM
ipaq 5450
sharp zaurus (qtopia flashed)
fortuna gps
silver slider 5
nokia 7650
nokia 3210
1 x cf 128
2 x sd 64

I carry all of them all the day in my little bag ;-)

twntaipan
01-05-2003, 02:42 PM
I'm surprised there's only one other carrying a usb flash disk. those things are really handy since they went over 100meg.

the only other things I always carry are the axim and t68 phone/motorola bluetooth headset

oh, and credit card transducers on the keychain

and chapstick

So, does that mean the Axim has USB host capabilities?

bobmay
01-05-2003, 03:00 PM
In my pockets:(pants, and shirt)
Wallet
Handkerchief
Comb
Keys
Zippo
Cigarettes
Chapstick
Change
Listerine pocketpak
Toothpick/floss combo
Small Swiss Army knife(with scisssors!)
IPAQ 3630 in aluminum hardcase(I have broken 3 IPAQ screens in my pocket before I got this)
pen (still gets lots of use)

On my belt:
Pager
LG110 pcs phone

In my bag:
2nd pager ( different one depending in or out of work)
Dell Latitude C640
Floppy drive w/cable
Power supply
LAN cable
Mini USB mouse
CDs/Floppy disks
IPAQ CF sleeve
IPAQ PCMCIA sleeve
64M CF card
CF LAN card
CF 56K modem w/cable
Compaq wireless card
CF/PCMCIA adapter
Earbuds
Eyeglasses
Infusion Threads IPAQ belt case
USB synch cable
Pens, pencils, pad

In my glovebox:
Motorola Cell phone w/belt clip
Car cord for cell
Car cord for PCS

I am on call 24/7 365, but you wouldn't think the old boyscout "be prepared!" would still be followed 32 years after leaving the troop.