View Full Version : So what is "Sync & Go'?

Wilbert
01-02-2003, 11:22 PM
Microsoft is getting ready to release Plus! on next Tuesday that will include something called "Sync & Go".

Is this something that will replace Activesync? Or is something that will just add some features to it to view videos and media clips? :?

Jhokur2k
01-02-2003, 11:33 PM
According to the press release:

Enjoying Content on the Go With Plus! Sync & Go
Plus! Sync & Go for Pocket PC* provides a new way for users to get the latest digital content delivered to their Pocket PC. Whether they want to access content from top providers such as CBS MarketWatch, GolfSpan.com Inc., Indy Racing League, KenRadio.com, MSNBC.com, OverDrive Inc. and Warner Music Group or from their media library with their own custom playlists in Windows Media Player, Plus! Sync & Go enables users to automatically sync the content onto their Pocket PC and watch and listen to what they want, where and whenever they want it.

I would think this would simply be a version of, or add-on for, ActiveSync to preserve rights management for digital clips to a PPC? The way the rest of the release reads, it mostly adds digital recording and management stuff, so that was where my line of reasoning came from.

Wilbert
01-02-2003, 11:38 PM
Well I just read an article on CNET News that seems to sound like MS is using Sync & Go to compete with MAC's new iSync.

If that is the case then it sounds like Sync & Go is ment to be the new syncing program from MS.

EricMCarson
01-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Sync and go appears to be an add on for ActiveSync that tries to replace services like AvantGo and Mazingo by syncing web and a/v content to the PPC. It definitely is not a replacement for ActiveSync (although, I think, we would all welcome one).

Wilbert
01-02-2003, 11:48 PM
It definitely is not a replacement for ActiveSync (although, I think, we would all welcome one).

Not to mention a FASTER one! :wink: