View Full Version : Pocket Plus versus seperate programs

markan
01-02-2003, 06:21 PM
Pocket Plus seems like an interesting bit of software, however, most of the stuff it does I have already got programs to do;

Today Plugin: iPAQPanel/RhinoLauch
Repeating Alarms: SuperAlert
Taskbar: Pelmar WISBar

I don't really use PIE at all.

There is an appeal of replacing 3 programs with one, so I wondered if anyone else has coverted to Pocket Plus from some of the above alternatives and if so "how was it for you"?

I'm a bit nervous of trying it as it feels like it might conflict with some of the above.

goirish!!
01-02-2003, 07:09 PM
Try this discussion:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5923

It should answer a lot of questions for you :wink:

markan
01-03-2003, 12:42 AM
I had read most of that thread, but it seemed to be either people taking on the functionality for the first time, and it's a very affordable way of doing that; or people picking on bits and talking about what they did not like. I was hoping for a more holistic view if you will.

goirish!!
01-03-2003, 04:34 AM
I had read most of that thread, but it seemed to be either people taking on the functionality for the first time, and it's a very affordable way of doing that; or people picking on bits and talking about what they did not like. I was hoping for a more holistic view if you will.

I have used the program for the last several days and until today loved it. I just got my Axim in and it does not seem to support the battery, and back light short cuts on the today screen. As far as I can tell all else seems fine. I still have it loaded and have sent an email to the developer about this prob. depending on their answer I will buy this program. As I have stated in other posts I have used virtually every launcher, battery status, and task killer on the market and this one, for me, seems to do it all and in a small package.

The additional features of repeating alarms sealed the deal for me. I have been in contact with Pocket Plus already and they plan on adding Repeating alarms to Tasks, and a few other nice features as well.

Bottom line, I would recomend it to anyone wanting to get all of these functions in a single, cheap, and easy to use app.