View Full Version : SD card renamed automatically by LOOX

looxuser
01-02-2003, 04:08 PM
:?: I set my inbox to store attachments on a storage card and it created a folder called "SD-MMCard" on my device and renamed the actual card "SD-MMCard2". The net result is that icons to launch software on the SD card no longer work. I have deleted the folder without success and tried to rename the SD card but this is not possible. Any ideas?

A.

Visit the Pocket LOOX users site at http://www.looxuser.com

JvanEkris
01-02-2003, 04:29 PM
This is the side-effect of some "emergency-features" your Loox has. You probably have reset your Loox and had both a big CF and SD card inserted.

The Loox is too busy during reset to initialize te SD-card (could be a heavy application or driver as well that causes it). When the Loox misses the SD card for the outlook-inbox and temporary internet files, it simply creates the directory (saves some nasty hangs when the card is really gone). After some milli-seconds, the Loox is awake and initializes the SD-card, but the original name is already taken, so it is renamed to SD-MMC2.

To fix this you do a soft-reset. now no apps are busy in the SD-MMC directory. You remove the directory, insert the SD-mmc card, and everybody is happy.

To resolve this in the future: remove the CF-card when you perform a soft-reset.

Jaap
Moderator Dutch Pocket Pc Club
www.pocketpc-club.nl

BTW: It is not very nice to start two threads with the same subject on two places on the board.

looxuser
01-02-2003, 05:22 PM
Thanks JvanEkris,

I'll give it a try. The dual posting was intentional because I thought this of interest not only to LOOX users but to the wider PPC community also. I was merely that...

A.

looxuser
01-02-2003, 05:46 PM
Additionally... Write speed to the 128mb SD Card is very slow compared to a 64mb C.Flash, could this cause the problem also? & Is slower speed typical or could the new SD card have a fault?

A.

Kati Compton
01-02-2003, 05:47 PM
From what I've heard SD cards <256MB are slower.

JvanEkris
01-02-2003, 05:53 PM
As i understand from the tests: CF is generally faster that SD (CF has a lot more pins)...

Jaap