View Full Version : Ebay auction $5 - 48VDC to 12VDC DC to DC converter, full size

ECOslin
01-02-2003, 06:24 AM
Unit is still at $5. Auction expires January 5th 2003 - 18:00 PST.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11898&item=3103042664

Shipping to U.S. and Canada.

Charter Power Systems, DC to DC Converter
Input power flip switch, Output voltage meter, Output current meter and output voltage adjustment control

Output voltage normally 12 volts, adjustable plus or minus x number of volts(0 to 20 volts - shown on gauge)

Input voltage can be from 40 to 58 volt DC, typically 48 volts.

Standard type rackmount case, forward and middle bracket positions on either side, variable angle and height.

Dimensions: 17 inches wide, 14 inches depth(with gauge faceplaces and switchguard)4 inches high.

Used equipment, 6 years old per manufacturer, used less than that time.

Current Value per manufacturer, $150-$200.

Removed from commercial building on complete alarm system package upgrade

mscdex
01-02-2003, 06:32 AM
Hmmm... question.... with this DC adapter, can I suck an entire city's power into my PocketPC? What if I have enough space for all of it (2gb PCMCIA drive)? If I can't do that then I don't want it.

:lol: :wink:

ECOslin
01-02-2003, 07:11 AM
With a sibilant, 'Yesss, you can run solar power into the 48VDC batteries in your pocket, use this converter to turn it into 12VDC and your PPC's automotive charger to give your PDA the power to TAKE OVER THE WORLD.'

Typically this rack-mount type appliance is meant to be part of a system, power from some source charges 48VDC batteries as part of a battery backup or auxilary system. This converter turns it into 12VDC and you connect a 12 volt inverter to this. The 12 volt inverter provides AC power for your devices.

Two immediate uses: For anywhere that power sometimes goes out. For anywhere there is no power, or you decline the Electric Co bill and want to do-it-yourself.

A local commercial building was sold to a different property manager company. The new owners chose to buy an all new system, from the ground up. Of course what they bought was near identical to what they got rid of, but it's best not to tell some folks this as they know they're right anyway. That's where these units came from.

ECOslin
01-04-2003, 11:50 PM
It's now up to $17.75.

ECOslin
01-08-2003, 07:53 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11898&item=3105193815

Another