View Full Version : Contacts won't open

oregon_pda
01-02-2003, 06:05 AM
My "contacts" program will not open on my Dell X5. It had been working fine, but now will not open when I click on the "contacts" option in the start menu. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions?

Kati Compton
01-02-2003, 06:07 AM
I don't suppose you're running something that may have remapped the buttons? Also check for Settings -> Buttons and make sure everything's okay there.

Fzara
01-02-2003, 08:48 AM
Try a soft-reset. Many reported this as a bug, until they soft-resetted.

Also, try to post next time in the Dell forum, as this is not the place to share your Axim problems ;)

spursdude
01-02-2003, 09:15 AM
My Maestro's contacts button used to periodoically not work. I never figured out what the problem was, but a soft reset ALWAYS fixed the problem. A soft reset pretty much fixes all my problems... :)

oregon_pda
01-02-2003, 10:07 AM
thanks for the help. the soft reset worked! sounds like a common issue across platforms, so the dell forum may not be the appropriate forum if others have a similar problem.

Small Town Man
01-02-2003, 04:59 PM
This is a well known problem.
It happens when you use any taskmanger to close the contact app while viewing or editing a contact.
You should close the single contact first with "ok" and then you can close the contact app with the taskmanager.

Fzara
01-02-2003, 09:06 PM
thanks for the help. the soft reset worked! sounds like a common issue across platforms, so the dell forum may not be the appropriate forum if others have a similar problem.

It might be possible, although I havent seen much stirrup from other PPC's with this problem.

Sorry about yelling at you earlier. I was alittle uptight about not winning these PPCT contests :(

Janak Parekh
01-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Sorry about yelling at you earlier. I was alittle uptight about not winning these PPCT contests :(
You don't know that yet...

--janak