View Full Version : Looking for Tasks replacement

nikebball87
01-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Well, as the subject says, I'm looking for a program to replace Tasks. I've tried both Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant, but neither have what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for a tasks program that has a month/week view and lets you look at your tasks by day. Similar to the Tasks in the desktop version of MS Outlook.
The problem I have with the PPC2002 Calendar program is that you have to enter a time for things, when I just want to get X and Y done that day at no particular time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Theo
01-01-2003, 10:59 PM
I see you've tried Pocket Informat, but it does do what you describe. In version 3.46 (latest) select any calendar view then select 4th icon from the left, menu item "Tasks" & make sure "Show tasks" has a tick (check) mark next to it. This will display your tasks in any calendar view.

Hope this helps - or have I missed something?

Theo

Rirath
01-01-2003, 11:07 PM
Agreed, PI sounds like a great fit. Perhaps give it another shot, and read the help files.

nikebball87
01-02-2003, 12:02 AM
That's close to what I'm looking for, but not quite. The thing I'm trying to find is that I don't see calendar events and tasks together, and that I don't have to be switching between calendar and tasks to add a task and then view it in the month view format.

Are there any other programs that come close to that?

Theo
01-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Tap and hold on the date in any calendar view and it will let you add a calendar appointment or task.

As for not viewing any appointment info in the view... this I don't know how to do. Alex Kac (author of PI) is very helpful and answers a huge number of posts to the PI forums (http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/).

Also you could post this as a suggestion at http://www.pocketinformant.com/bugreport.aspx.

Theo

PS- I'm not connected to PI in any way - just a happy user :D

nikebball87
01-02-2003, 12:34 AM
Thanks, that solves half the problem. But I think the thing I most want is to have the tasks all by themselves. Thanks again, I guess I'll keep looking around.

ppcinfo
01-02-2003, 05:19 AM
You might try looking at the Today Screen plugin called QuickTasks by Scarybear Software.

ppcinf

Bob Anderson
01-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Thanks, that solves half the problem. But I think the thing I most want is to have the tasks all by themselves. Thanks again, I guess I'll keep looking around.

Well, don't feel alone on this one! I want the same thing. PI and Agenda Fusion are just too much for managing tasks; I wish someone would come up with an enhanced task manager that doesn't "take-over" the calendar side of the PPC which I'm happy with...

nikebball87
01-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Yeah, exactly. The desktop version is perfect, you can view it in 3 different views. I don't know why they didn't do it with the Pocket version.