View Full Version : AutoArchiving on two machines

cessquill
01-01-2003, 03:47 PM
OK, I'm just about ready to start synchronising my iPaq on the work's machine as well as home in that all silly data is marked as personal, etc., and I was wondering how the AutoArchive feature would work.

For example, if my work's machine archives some data and I synchronise with it, is there a possibility that it would reintroduce that data once more, or am I missing the point here somewhere?!

All help greatfully appreciated, since I'm not really looking forward to making the plunge...!

JvanEkris
01-01-2003, 04:46 PM
What you can do is set the option in Activesync that it does not synchronize appointments older than say 1 day. So when it is archived, your Ipaq does not notice that. By making one machine syncing all appointments, and one syncing only the current and future ones, you can do in the past whatever you want. One machine cleans up the Ipaq, the other doesn't.

Jaap

cessquill
01-02-2003, 01:05 AM
Aha, that makes sense - thanks.

Figure I'll make the work one only synchronise the future, since my home machine is sometimes retrospectively filled in as a diary/journal. I'll plan that and look into it.

Cheers.

P.S. Ironically, the machine asked me if I wanted to AutoArchive whilst typing this reply :D