View Full Version : iPAQ Auto backlight

dannyoneill
01-01-2003, 02:37 PM
What do you think?

Doug Rausch
01-01-2003, 03:48 PM
Great feature, I can just usually get by with less light than the automatic setting and in the end save some battery.

EliYAHOO14
01-01-2003, 05:31 PM
I use it, and I see the diffrence in battery life with it on. I think that it is great! COMPAQ does a great job with cool features like this! By the way, this is my first post, hi everyone! :lol:

Sparkomatic
01-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Welcome EliYAHOO. :)

Personally, I think it's kinda annoying. It almost works too well. I tried it and the backlight kept fluctuating? as I was walking around my house. I mean, that's what it's supposed to do but it just bothered me. Just my opinion of course!

Keith Layton
01-02-2003, 03:39 AM
I had my iPAQ for about 2 years before I started using this feature. I really liked it after I started using it. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a sensitivity adjustment. Sometimes it just seemed to think there was enough light, when I thought there should be some backlight.

Doesn't much matter now... just got an Axim! - no auto backlight features.

k

emarkp
01-02-2003, 05:22 AM
I've had my iPaq for a week (thanks Santa!) and I love the auto feature, but sometimes I'd like to switch from auto to full brightness. So today I wrote a tiny app that does just that--switches the auto on or off, and put it on the Dashboard, so I can change with a single click.

dannyoneill
01-02-2003, 05:19 PM
The 54xx has an option to change the auto feature from being brighter or darker. sensitivity would be cool though.

That app sounds neat, just to let you know Battery Pack 2002 has this on its screen, v cool proggy. But you say you only had your PPC a week and your coding apps already, DAMN :werenotworthy:

Kevin Remhof
01-02-2003, 09:57 PM
What really crives me nuts is that it won't remember brightness level. I always use the "Low Bright" setting for the backlight. But, if I set it to auto, it likes to go to "Med Bright" or higher.

So, I just always leave it on "Low Bright" and turn it on and off manually.