View Full Version : a backlit Zire?

Willmonwah
01-01-2003, 09:39 AM
I was at CompUSA earlier this week and was suprised to discover that the Palm Zire actually has "backlight".

This is true as far as the screen having a miniscule increase in bluish hue, but nevertheless, there is an actual backlight feature.

How simultaneously disappointing and reassuring.

Not that the light was noticeable in the least but, of course.

[Will]

dean_shan
01-01-2003, 11:09 AM
Why get a Zire. It's a hundred bucks for a PDA with 2megs and two missing buttons. How are you going to play even the simplest games. Save your money and get a Handspring or buy the older Palm m100. Better yet, if save up some more cash and get a Dell.

JonnoB
01-01-2003, 11:11 AM
Why get a Zire. It's a hundred bucks for a PDA with 2megs and two missing buttons. How are you going to play even the simplest games. Save your money and get a Handspring or buy the older Palm m100. Better yet, if save up some more cash and get a Dell.

Buy the Dell. This is like saying, don't spend $100 on the bicycle, save up the $200 and get that sports car.

Fzara
01-02-2003, 08:57 AM
True, but not everyone wants a brick, with a different software base other than the Palm OS.

JonnoB
01-02-2003, 10:48 AM
True, but not everyone wants a brick, with a different software base other than the Palm OS.

It is usually because of the software that I steer my true friends away from anything PalmOS. As for size? Brick? Although the Zire is small, it reflects its puny capabilities too. I would recommend a Rex if that mattered so much.

Fzara
01-02-2003, 09:09 PM
One thing, and the only thing I miss from the palm OS was the number of diff. apps they had available on the platform.
(Although there were almost 1,000 different clock apps, :P )

Im happier with my PPC now that I can do much more stuff.