View Full Version : Loose backup battery cover.....

inlimbo
12-31-2002, 10:28 PM
Anyone experiencing a loose backup battery cover? Mine has some "play" in it which kinda bothers me - want to know if this is normal or not before I try to replace the whole unit.

It bugs me because my thumb rests right on the access door and I can feel the play. Door is kinda cheap anyway.

Alucard
12-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Just checked my battery cover: it seems that it is very secure and it doesn't jiggle while I use it. However I've only had it for a couple of hours, so this might change.

erussell
12-31-2002, 11:35 PM
Mine is a little loose.

Sslixtis
01-01-2003, 07:57 PM
Mine has some annoying play in it as well. Ah well, atleast we have a backup battery :wink:

TheBacklash
01-01-2003, 08:35 PM
mine moves a little, not enough to warrant any worry to me. Besides you have to push in on the little button to open it. it's enough to not be able to push it in enough with anything other than the stylus, or a sharp type object.

And yes... I unfortunatly have to say the Dell does survive a 2 foot drop. http://www.thebacklash.com/emote/brickwall.gif

The CF card however did pop out... and the stylus. both went soaring... everything works and my heart did skip a few beats... 8O

cyclwestks
01-03-2003, 01:57 AM
I just noticed this today on mine also. The way I noticed it was while turning it over & I heard the noice. Didn't really think much about it at the time though.

GoldKey
01-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Mines pretty loose too!

tucker26
01-03-2003, 02:33 AM
It's a little loose, but It's not about to fly off or anything.

amoll
01-03-2003, 04:51 PM
Mine is somewhat lose, as well. Nothing serious; the play is perhaps 0.3 mm on both axes, and the cover is nowhere near coming off unintentionally. From all the posts here, it looks like this is a design flaw in the cover release mechanism. However, I can live with it. It's a Dell Axim, not a Rolex Oyster.

Kati Compton
01-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Mine is not loose.

etalianstallion
01-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Didn't notice until you mentioned it. Mine is slightly loose as well...very very slightly. Probably no more of .5 mm play on any axes. Doesn't really bother me though. I have a replacement one on its way to me now since my current unit has a bad D-pad and a bad reset button (the little dimple is slightly off and I've sometimes accidentally pressed it if my right thumb is not using the side scroller).

Pat Logsdon
01-03-2003, 07:46 PM
My battery has no play at all. Tight as a drum. :D