View Full Version : 25 Front Page Posts?

Jason Dunn
12-31-2002, 08:33 PM
Most of you will notice that our front page is now listing 25 posts instead of 15, thus making it longer and slower to load. Why did I make the change? It will all make sense tomorrow - let's just say we need the extra bandwidth... :rock on dude!:

Janak Parekh
12-31-2002, 08:38 PM
Now let's just pray that the site doesn't melt tomorrow... :D

--janak

JonnoB
12-31-2002, 08:39 PM
Stop the teasing.... this is either going to be a great Pocket PC news day or a let down from the hype. History tells me that this site delivers the goods, so I am that much more excited for what tomorrow brings.

Jason Dunn
12-31-2002, 08:40 PM
Stop the teasing.... this is either going to be a great Pocket PC news day or a let down from the hype. History tells me that this site delivers the goods, so I am that much more excited for what tomorrow brings.

Um, it won't be news - check out Brad's hints, he talks about "winning", so that should give you a clue as to what we're up to... :lol:

Daniel
12-31-2002, 08:42 PM
Um, I think "hints" is a little bit of an understatement!

:)

Daniel

JonnoB
12-31-2002, 08:43 PM
Um, it won't be news - check out Brad's hints, he talks about "winning", so that should give you a clue as to what we're up to... :lol:

"Winning" something is always good "news"

Daniel
12-31-2002, 08:46 PM

Not winning something doesn't rate a mention in my books though, it just happens way to often! :P

Daniel

GoldKey
12-31-2002, 08:47 PM

Possiblity of winning up to 25 somethings?!?!!!!!!

spg
12-31-2002, 08:57 PM

Not winning something doesn't rate a mention in my books though, it just happens way to often! :P

Ain't that the truth. :D

Good luck with the servers tomorrow Jason. Maybe you should make sure that the hosting company has some of that IBM Server Healing Pixie dust on hand. :wink: And actually, I like the 25 posts on the frontpage better than 15. Keeps me from searching through the forum for a news item you posted the day before. Of course we've got a cable modem, so there isn't really a slow down for me.

Rirath
12-31-2002, 09:01 PM
Please don't be hype... please don't be hype... :) A multitude of contests with 1 in 10,000 odds is the same as 1 contest to me. :wink: One of the reasons I like the parody contest so much, it's actually skill based.

Will we see more like it some day? Skill based that is, rather than just picking names from a virtual hat or first 3 posters?

T-Will
12-31-2002, 09:27 PM
What time zone is PocketPCThoughts based in?

Jeff_Baker
12-31-2002, 09:38 PM
I usually stop by PPCT many times a day but alas, I'll be out of town most of the day tomorrow. Sounds like you need to be present to get in on the 'winning'?

- Jeff

Duncan
12-31-2002, 09:48 PM

Good point! It has been New Years Day for hours in Australia and New Zealand, it will be New Years Day in the UK in 3 and a half hours . and there are - what - 5?? - midnights to come in the US?

Busdriver
12-31-2002, 09:49 PM
If it's skill-based then I don't have a chance :roll:

brntcrsp
12-31-2002, 09:51 PM
PPCT has writers all over the world so it will be a rolling new years for the site. Depends when Andy and Marlof get things rolling I guess. GMT + 1 if I'm not mistaken.

Ed Hansberry
12-31-2002, 09:55 PM
PPCT has writers all over the world so it will be a rolling new years for the site. Depends when Andy and Marlof get things rolling I guess. GMT + 1 if I'm not mistaken.
I am pretty sure it is all Mountain time, which is where Jason is at. Definitely in the GMT -5, -6 or -7 zone.

T-Will
12-31-2002, 10:02 PM
Crap, I'm going to watch LOTR:2 at 7-10 PST, so I might miss the beginning of the "winning". :wink:

Master O'Mayhem
12-31-2002, 10:13 PM
Is it to announce the PPCThoughts-Brighthand merger? ;)

Master O'Mayhem
12-31-2002, 10:14 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

DrtyBlvd
12-31-2002, 10:20 PM
If it's skill-based then I don't have a chance :roll:

:lol: ROFL

If you can land those things, you must have some skill :lol:

DrtyBlvd
12-31-2002, 10:22 PM
Crap, I'm going to watch LOTR:2 at 7-10 PST, so I might miss the beginning of the "winning". :wink:

Boy, there's a definition of mixed emotions if ever I heard one! :lol:

klinux
12-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Let's start some rumors then:

* Jason is moving to US so he can get the cheap deals at Amazon and Dell.
* The entire PPCT team is converting to Macs.
* To gain market share, Dell is giving Jason 250 Axims to give away.
* Free Rayman (TM) game for everyone!
* Rather than the blue-green color scheme, PPCT will change to a red-purple polka dot theme.
* PPCT will feature a short film (WMV of course) showing a PPC-transformer-robot beating the crap our of a Palm-transformer-robot.

:lol:

Janak Parekh
12-31-2002, 10:23 PM
Actually, Brad has been the main organizer (with a wee bit o'help from his sidekick Ed), so if you can figure out his timezone, you're set. :)

--janak

DrtyBlvd
12-31-2002, 10:26 PM
Let's start some rumors then:
:lol:

Psst - I heard Jason & Wes were planning a 'Coup D'Etat' :twisted:

kagayaki1
12-31-2002, 10:43 PM
Alright, Brad, what time zone are you in? (this is silly)

-Jason

dhoward
12-31-2002, 10:46 PM
Is it possible with all the new bandwidth that we will be able to properly view the Forums on our new PPC's? Hint: Like you can at pocketpcpassion?

It's nice to automatically view the front page correctly w/ my PPC. Sure wish you could get the Forums to do that, too. How about if aI addd a Please?

You are wearing my sytlus out from viewing left to right and back, just to read one message.

If you are moving to the US, you might as well go ahead and move on down to Texas and do it right. You know, things are BIGGER in Texas.

david
dallas

T-Will
12-31-2002, 11:12 PM

Boy, there's a definition of mixed emotions if ever I heard one! :lol:

Heh, actually I'm happy to see LOTR :D , but I really am sad that I might miss the beginning of the "winning". :cry:

spg
12-31-2002, 11:44 PM
Alright, Brad, what time zone are you in? (this is silly)

-Jason
Well his post last night came out at 1:00 GMT -6 otherwise known as US Central Time. Maybe I am on to something there, maybe not...

Rirath
01-01-2003, 12:00 AM
The answer about the time zone has been given... or at least how to find it. Took me like 2 minutes.
It's not hard, but it involves using something that few here seem to be able to. :lol:

JonnoB
01-01-2003, 12:39 AM
The answer about the time zone has been given... or at least how to find it. Took me like 2 minutes.
It's not hard, but it involves using something that few here seem to be able to. :lol:

Maybe go look at his posts... to see if he revealed here he lives (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47439&highlight=live#47439).

Jason Dunn
01-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Possiblity of winning up to 25 somethings?!?!!!!!!

Nope, more than 25 items up for grabs. It's gonna' be cool. :lol:

Jason Dunn
01-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Please don't be hype... please don't be hype... :) A multitude of contests with 1 in 10,000 odds is the same as 1 contest to me. :wink: One of the reasons I like the parody contest so much, it's actually skill based.

Will we see more like it some day? Skill based that is, rather than just picking names from a virtual hat or first 3 posters?

I think you'll be pleased, but you're going to want to visit, shall we say, frequently to maximize your chances of winning the good stuff. :wink:

Jason Dunn
01-01-2003, 01:04 AM

Mountain Standard Time, so the fun won't start until midnight MST. 8)

JonnoB
01-01-2003, 01:07 AM

Mountain Standard Time, so the fun won't start until midnight MST. 8)

Is Brad administering the 'EVENT' ? Isn't he ahead of that schedule?

Jason Dunn
01-01-2003, 01:07 AM
Is it possible with all the new bandwidth that we will be able to properly view the Forums on our new PPC's? Hint: Like you can at pocketpcpassion?

Not on the 1st, but we ARE working on it. :-)

Rirath
01-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Odd, I thought Pocket Pc Thoughts was based in CST.

Jason Dunn
01-01-2003, 01:10 AM
Is Brad administering the 'EVENT' ? Isn't he ahead of that schedule?

Yup, Brad and Ed did most of the leg work, but I think the server dishes it up based on the local time. Maybe. :? This will actually be interesting to watch - our time-based system is a little, uh, quirky. 8O :lol:

Anyway, it will be fun! Whee!

And remember: no whining. :wink:

mashtim
01-01-2003, 01:16 AM
Coooooool.. after all, I DID only register for the contests!

uh, did I just say that out loud?

JonnoB
01-01-2003, 01:19 AM

That was 70+ posts ago.... so I assume you have had more to contribute since that time :o

Rirath
01-01-2003, 01:23 AM
Err... the suspense is killin me.

mashtim
01-01-2003, 01:28 AM

That was 70+ posts ago.... so I assume you have had more to contribute since that time :o

Actually, most of them tend to be inane chatter like these last two! :beer: Yeah, I had to finish the egg nog before it spoiled......

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! AND, TO ALL, A GOOD YEAR!!

Jason Dunn
01-01-2003, 01:42 AM
Odd, I thought Pocket Pc Thoughts was based in CST.

No. Calgary, Alberta, Canada - just north of Montana, Mountain Standard Time. :D

Busdriver
01-01-2003, 01:45 AM
Let's all fire up CityTime...... :wink:

Happy New Year and best wishes to all!

Master O'Mayhem
01-01-2003, 01:56 AM
I have banned Myself from winning ;) anything I win, i will donate. To who? I will figure that out later!!!

JonnoB
01-01-2003, 01:58 AM
I have banned Myself from winning ;) anything I win, i will donate. To who? I will figure that out later!!!

Good idea, Mr. I get to play with all the latest gadgets. I have a candidate to be the benefactor of your generosity :)

Duncan
01-01-2003, 02:00 AM
25 posts space... midnight to midnight - that makes one compo per hour - or am I just stabbing in the dark here? :)

PPCWidow
01-01-2003, 02:13 AM

Good idea, Mr. I get to play with all the latest gadgets. I have a candidate to be the benefactor of your generosity :)

That's my JonnoB, ALWAYS thinking of his WIFE first!!! :lilangel:

I imagine I will be hanging out here too... You know, the old "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" mentality. :shocked!:

Kim

Jonathon Watkins
01-01-2003, 04:51 AM
Hmmm, I'll be traveling from Edinburgh to Bristol for a lot of the 1st with no access to a computer. :cry: I'll try and see what's going on if I can - but now it's time for bed. :lol!:

Janak Parekh
01-01-2003, 05:08 AM
Hmmm, I'll be traveling from Edinburgh to Bristol for a lot of the 1st with no access to a computer.
Tsk tsk - what kind of Thoughts member are you? :lol:

Have a safe trip, and keep in mind that you're ahead of mountain time, so you'll still be in the running even into the 2nd out there.

--janak

bbarker
01-01-2003, 11:07 AM
Please keep the front page at 25 postings. Sometimes when I'm away for a day I miss too much because it scrolls.

Jonathon Watkins
01-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Please keep the front page at 25 postings. Sometimes when I'm away for a day I miss too much because it scrolls.

I'd like the option of 50 or so - but then again there is alway the "Archives" section on the front page.

Hey - I just became a Philosopher! :D