View Full Version : got replacement axim, how do I return the old one?

guinness
12-30-2002, 08:37 PM
Got my replacement Axim today (overnighted, Fedex, woohoo). Came with AC adapter, batteries, standard case, cd and manual. I have a dispatch # that Dell support gave me, but no instructions on where/how to return the old one.

ux4484
12-30-2002, 08:43 PM
heh....guess you've got two now :D

Dell usually includes a label in the box or with the shipping invoice (connected) that you can slap on the box you've recieved and send the old one back.

TheBacklash
12-30-2002, 10:28 PM
I'd contact Dell, or goto the dell Axim forum, I know there is a topic on that.

I believe you have a certain time period to send the old one back, or they automaticly charge your CC for the second one... Don't count on having 2 just yet.

etalianstallion
12-31-2002, 02:11 AM
Has anyone experienced the extremely long wait for the "next available customer service representative"? I was on the phone on hold for over an hour listening to their choppy classical music and gave up. :evil: I'll try again tomorrow.

guinness
12-31-2002, 02:32 AM
Has anyone experienced the extremely long wait for the "next available customer service representative"? I was on the phone on hold for over an hour listening to their choppy classical music and gave up. :evil: I'll try again tomorrow.

I was on hold for about an hour and a half last week so I could get this replacement Axim and I'll probabaly have to wait just as long to the return sticker they forgot to include this time :x I still like the Axim a lot, just hate the long wait. BTW, does anyone know if Rayman Pocket works on the X5?

TheBacklash
12-31-2002, 02:59 AM
well... it installs fine.

the screen was really off, looked very jumbled you couldn't tell anything apart. I had to uninstall it. Maybe they will make a patch someday...

Xyress
12-31-2002, 05:02 PM
I was on hold for 75 minutes last night before giving up. You're right, the music is very choppy while waiting - I wondered if I had been sent down a dead end never to be answered. I thought maybe the glitchy sound was them trying to answer my call, but they just couldn't! :D

Does anyone know the best time to call them? I tried right after work which is understandably a heavy traffic time.

bluevolume
12-31-2002, 05:02 PM
I had to get a replacement for my first Axim -- the microphone did not work. They overnighted me a new one, which I thought was really cool, but I never heard anything on returning the broken one.

About 2 weeks later a woman from Dell called me and wanted to know why I didn't ship it back yet, and I told her that I was waiting for instructions on how to do so. She said that she sent me an airbill with instructions -- which she didn't -- then skated around just saying that I was lying for about 5 minutes. Finally she said that she would send out another one, and that I had to ship it right back before they charged my CC.

At this point I wanted to clarify a couple things with her, which was not easy. The replacement package they sent me did not have a dock with it, and I wanted her to confirm that she wasn't expecting to get one back. This woman started giving me robot answers just saying, "Your account will be corrected as soon as we receive the unit", and "Be sure to return all the accessories that came with the monitor." Monitor?

Anyway, I got the airbill and sent the package back last week. We'll see what happens from here.

Dell = Awesome products + Excellent replacement policies + Idiots in the collections department

Blue

mavx5
01-02-2003, 02:54 AM
I called on a Sunday morning and I was on hold for exactly 60 minutes. Yup, the music is choppy, but then again I think the Axim support line is all handled in India (as most of Dell's support is) so maybe thats why? Anyway, once I got through, took about 5 minutes to get my replacement order setup. The tech was definitely familiar with the bad D-pads.

Rirath
01-02-2003, 02:56 AM
I think I might call tomorrow. I believe my 30 day limit is the 4th or 5th.

Rirath
01-02-2003, 08:49 PM
Lol, waiting on the phone with axim support... it's got to be the right number, the music is really really choppy. :lol:

etalianstallion
01-06-2003, 07:42 PM
I finally received my replacement Axim. Looks like it's a new unit. I originally called on 12/30 and after being on hold for 1.5 hours, I gave up. Called back the next morning (12/31), went through tech support, and got a confirmation number for the replacement unit. Since this was supposed to be next day business, I thought I would get it on Thursday, latest Friday, since Wednesday was New Years Day. Turns out they didn't even enter it and ship it until Friday. I would hope that if Dell is confident enough in their service to claim the next day business warranty, that they would actually adhere to it.

Now I open the box and find that I didn't get a return postage or even return instructions for my current unit. I hope I don't have to wait for another hour just to get that sent to me.

BTW, my replacement unit came with the Axim X5 (phew! at least they got that right), main and back-up battery, the standard rubber/neoprene case, and a charger.

Yep, choppy music on the customer service hold.....

theonegod
01-06-2003, 08:08 PM
I suggest the following phone for those that find themselves on hold alot.

http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/shop/NewDesign/ModelTemplate.asp?ModelId=15180&show_all=false&product_exists=True&active=1&ModelNo=KX-TG2215B&CategoryId=2968

this 2.4ghz panasonic cordless phone is great in all respects but also has a single feature I cant live without now that I have it. The cordless handset has a built-in speakerphone. I got a open box phone at best buy for only $49.95 and at the time panasonic also had a $20 rebate. Was also one of the cheapest phones after all was done :)

etalianstallion
01-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Got a call from Customer Service today asking if I had received the replacement unit and the airbill for returning the unit. This is what I call great customer service, one of the reasons why I chose the Dell Axim.

Would have been nice if they included some instructions on how to transfer the data/programs from the original unit to the replacement unit (just a note to explain the back-up/restore). I'm sure some first-time PPC users would have appreciated that.

Computer Ninja
01-14-2003, 03:31 AM
Why are all you cats getting overnight Axims? Man, I had to wait since the 8th, and I MIGHT get it tomorrow. I called on the 8th, but they said it shipped yesterday.

guinness
01-14-2003, 04:37 AM
Why are all you cats getting overnight Axims? Man, I had to wait since the 8th, and I MIGHT get it tomorrow. I called on the 8th, but they said it shipped yesterday.

I called Dell on Dec. 26 (had to wait 1.5 hours though) and got the replacement the following Monday. Maybe Dell has been totally swamped with sending out replacement units. :P