View Full Version : iPAQ 5455 Speaker has LOW sound levels

Cybercop
12-30-2002, 08:09 PM
I just purchased the iPAQ 5455 and the sound is so low I can't even hear it. Is this something that is happening to everyone with a 5400 series? I have the levels turned up all the way and it is still low. I need to know if this is normal if not I need to take it back to the store and exchange it. 8O

digital-doc
12-30-2002, 10:23 PM
I just purchased the iPAQ 5455 and the sound is so low I can't even hear it. Is this something that is happening to everyone with a 5400 series? I have the levels turned up all the way and it is still low. I need to know if this is normal if not I need to take it back to the store and exchange it. 8O

Same with my unit. Fine in a quite room but.......... I get the impression that HP wants you to use headphones, which I have not tried, and have no use for.

Also my navigation pad moving down is clunky.

Cybercop
12-30-2002, 10:41 PM
I phoned HP tech support and was on there with them for an hour and they had no one else report a problem and I went back to the computer store and we opened 4 of them and they all sound the same. LOW volume. Itold HP and they said they would put a message to the design team in Houston and see if there is something they can do to fix the issue.Still not Happy about this I went to another computer store and they have 2 units there including there demo unit that sounds the same.

I guess they made the speaker smaller to accomadate all the new juck they cramed into the top of the unit. I will have to live with it for now untill they recall them for no volume. :cry:

digital-doc
12-30-2002, 10:46 PM
I phoned HP tech support and was on there with them for an hour and they had no one else report a problem and I went back to the computer store and we opened 4 of them and they all sound the same. LOW volume. Itold HP and they said they would put a message to the design team in Houston and see if there is something they can do to fix the issue.Still not Happy about this I went to another computer store and they have 2 units there including there demo unit that sounds the same.

I guess they made the speaker smaller to accomadate all the new juck they cramed into the top of the unit. I will have to live with it for now untill they recall them for no volume. :cry:

Don't fret, I think HP is going to offer a "Hearing Aid," for only $19.95;-)

The Half-Ling
12-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Digital Doc? Are you serious, I use my iPAQ with headphones a lot with MP3's and by far the low volumne has been the biggest dissapointment for me...i would love that if they had a "hearing aid" though I don't know what it would be...

Thanks,
Jake