View Full Version : Active Sync Question

PotPie
12-30-2002, 02:46 PM
When I put my Axim on the cradle, it connects automatically and my information is syncronized. However, after a couple of minutes, it automatically disconnects. Then in order to get it to connect again, I have to power off the handheld and when I power it back up, it connects again.

My question then is, "Is there a way to keep the Axim connected at all times while on the cradle?" It seems that just a couple of days ago, it was staying connected while on the cradle. Are there settings on the handheld or in Active Sync that will keep it on?

Just wondering if anyone has had similiar issues or even if this is an issue.

Thanks!

Ed Hansberry
12-30-2002, 03:24 PM
That is not normal. I have had that happen to me a few times - a reboot fixes it, for a while. It seems to happen to me only when I am in a hurry to transfer over a lot of stuff, like music. If I have plenty of time, it never happens. :)

PotPie
12-30-2002, 04:03 PM
When you say reboot, do you mean on my PC or Axim?

Based on your response, I am assuming that you don't have a permanant fix? Like I said, it seems that sometimes it stays connected as long as it is on the cradle and other times is syncs and then disconnects??? Really weird.

Thanks for your help.

Pony99CA
12-30-2002, 04:43 PM
That is not normal. I have had that happen to me a few times - a reboot fixes it, for a while. It seems to happen to me only when I am in a hurry to transfer over a lot of stuff, like music. If I have plenty of time, it never happens. :)
And there's Hansberry's Handheld Law -- the amount of time your sync dies is directly proportional to your need to sync.

Steve

Janak Parekh
12-30-2002, 04:44 PM
When you say reboot, do you mean on my PC or Axim?
Possibly both - a reboot on your PC and a soft-reset on the Dell.

However, if you get frequent disconnects, there might be something else wrong; possibly with the USB setup on your computer. Make sure you plug directly into your computer; and try debugging by removing all other USB peripherals. If you still have problems, a call to Dell might be in order.

Incidentally, you might find http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5401 helpful. She ended up buying a new USB 2.0 card for her computer, which cleared her problems entirely.

--janak