View Full Version : How do you like the look?

crispeto
12-29-2002, 06:47 AM
How do you like the look of the Axim? I was reading a review and the reviewer stated that he felt one of the cons is the look of the axim. He thinks it's ugly. He also stated that it seemed he had to push a little harder with the stylus on the screen. I actually like the look of the Axim. Seems very professional looking to me. I like it as well as the Ipaqs and more than the V35. I also don't think I have to push any harder with the stylus than with any other PDA ( and this is the 8th one I've owned). What do you all think?

Kati Compton
12-29-2002, 07:11 AM
I didn't like the look in the pictures, but I do like it in person. While I'm not sure how I feel about how the side grips LOOK, I do like how they FEEL.

I prefer the look of more rectangular units (ie, Toshiba), but the taper to the Dell makes it easier to hold. I also prefer a higher screen-to-case ratio, but who doesn't? ;) It's still quite good, though, esp. considering everything that's in it.

shawnc
12-29-2002, 02:23 PM
Taste is very subjective. Ever since I saw pictures of the Dell I thought it was the BEST looking PPC on the market with the possible exception of the high-end Ipaqs. The Viewsonic and H1910 are attractive because of its "thinness" but the Dell looks like a "machine" to me. Very professional. The buttons on the front have a heavy look to them. I especially like the look and feel of the rubber strips on the side.

I do wish it was a little thinner but understand that the dual slots make that impossible (for now anyway). All-in-all, I love the Dell both in terms of aestetics and functionality. Now, if I could only figure out how to get the %$$%* CF card in and out :twisted: .

Rirath
12-29-2002, 02:33 PM
Taste is very subjective. Ever since I saw pictures of the Dell I thought it was the BEST looking PPC on the market with the possible exception of the high-end Ipaqs. The Viewsonic and H1910 are attractive because of its "thinness" but the Dell looks like a "machine" to me. Very professional. The buttons on the front have a heavy look to them. I especially like the look and feel of the rubber strips on the side.

Totally agreed. I'd be willing to tell anyone the Dell is the best looking PPC out there. I honestly don't like the V35 or 1910's looks at all, and Ipaqs have always been too shiny for my taste. (plus that weird looking nav button) Toshiba looks so-so, but not my type. Then you've got the awesome sync cradle, and the handy stylus... it's great.

I will admit I've had to push harder than with my J525... it can be hard to click and drag over long distances. But, judging by how I can play games like Rocket Elite without even noticing, it's not that bad.