View Full Version : IE icon disappeared from Programs

devhen
12-28-2002, 10:19 PM
I installed the Internet Explorer Tools powertoy from microsoft.com and it replaced my IE icon with the IE Tools icon (which only opens an options dialog, not the IE program). So I uninstalled IE Tools but still no IE icon in Programs. Any PPC geniuses out there that know how I can get it back? Thanks.

Janak Parekh
12-28-2002, 10:47 PM
Is it in your Start menu? The icons are either in the Start menu or Programs.

If you want to have it in both, you'll have to go into File Explorer and make a copy.

--janak

devhen
12-28-2002, 11:09 PM
it is in my start menu but not in 'programs'. I put it in my start menu because it disappeared from 'programs'. I can put it back with file explorer? I didn't know that. I'll give it a try. thanks.

Janak Parekh
12-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Not exactly.

If you put it in your Start Menu (via the Control Panel), it will then disappear from the Programs folder. If you want it in Programs, but not in Start, then remove it from the Start Menu and it'll reappear in Programs. If you need it in both, put it in your Start Menu and make a copy of the shortcut, using File Explorer, to put into the Programs folder.

The PIE PowerToy doesn't have anything to do with it. I think there might a confluence of different actions here; perhaps you were doing both at the same time?

--janak