View Full Version : Shopping list program

ECOslin
12-28-2002, 02:04 PM
http://www.icecomputing.com/ShoppingList22.htm

Has anyone tried this one/anyone using this one?

Edward

jutae
12-28-2002, 03:09 PM
Have you tried VO Shopping List?

Jutae

ECOslin
12-28-2002, 03:49 PM
No, I haven't. I'll likely get around to trying it though.

Edward

ppcinfo
12-30-2002, 03:04 PM
You might also check out ListMaker by ScaryBear Software at www.scarybearsoftware.com. I use it for a business travel checklist and love it!

ppcinfo

ECOslin
12-30-2002, 04:49 PM
Looked at 'listmaker', I'm looking more for something where I can check items as I need them and note the prices of them. Maybe transferrable to an excel spreadsheet.

Edward

kellys26
12-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Edward,
If you decide to download ShoppingList22, please let us know how you like it. I can't find a single picture of what it looks like. I did just get VO Shopping, and it seems good. I really like that it has a desktop piece to update, I am not great at entering too much data on the Pocket PC.
Thanks,
Kelly

KyleC
12-30-2002, 05:22 PM
What's wrong with using Tasks for a shopping list? It comes with your handheld, is not shareware, and a reputable conpany programmed it. Also, it syncs with Outlook tasks giving you a satisfying shopping experience! :lol:

KyleC
12-30-2002, 05:30 PM
ECOslin, I was glancing at your avatar, handle, etc. and "Pocket PC Terrorist" popped out at me. I don't know what it was; maybe it was the dual pistols but that's what I initially saw. On further inspection, I discovered that it really was "Pocket PC Theorist". I'm surprised to see how much 9/11 has impacted me (& the rest of the world) to seeing terrorism where we never thought to look before. For example, the PocketPCThoughts forums. :wink:

His post count I suspect may change, thus promoting him to another ranking, so I have recorded what I saw:

ECOSlin
Pocket PC Theorist
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/images/avatars/187d3c6e3d432c2c51f93.jpg

ECOslin
12-30-2002, 06:21 PM
KyleC: I may stomp on your foot and break your nose however that doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. :wink:

I'm still deciding what I need, The particulars are 'a check list' 'product name' 'product price'. I'm still thinking of investigating PocketExcel as to how I can checkmark items, like for a total of checkmarked items. I'd like the ability to import the results to desktop Excel.

Edward

Sven Johannsen
12-30-2002, 07:22 PM
While you are still looking, look at listpro by ilium software too. http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm

KyleC
12-30-2002, 07:40 PM
KyleC: I may stomp on your foot and break your nose however that doesn't mean I'm a bad guy. :wink:

Then I guess it's a good thing you live in Virginia :wink:

ECOslin
12-30-2002, 08:15 PM
I think it is a slightly mutated quote from a movie.(something like 'I might drink your booze and steal your girl, doesn't make me a bad guy'.)

Edward

Kati Compton
12-30-2002, 08:17 PM
I'm still deciding what I need, The particulars are 'a check list' 'product name' 'product price'. I'm still thinking of investigating PocketExcel as to how I can checkmark items, like for a total of checkmarked items. I'd like the ability to import the results to desktop Excel.

If you think it'd be useful for any other applications, it may be worth your while to look at one of the database programs (ie, abcDB, HanDBase, etc). I know that for HanDBase at least there are free shopping databases you can download (there's a huge library, as the databases can be used on either Palm or PPC). But you do have to pay for the database software itself.

Janak Parekh
12-30-2002, 08:32 PM
While you are still looking, look at listpro by ilium software too. http://www.iliumsoft.com/site/lp/listpro.htm
Another vote for ListPro here. Sounds like exactly what you need. There's a checkbox functionality and you can define the columns.

--janak

ECOslin
12-30-2002, 09:31 PM
I like Listpro, I like the fact that a whole bunch of lists are already made up in their 'List Exchange'. Select all, Copy and Paste work fine to transfer over to Excel. Neat, Thanks.

Edward

ECOslin
12-30-2002, 09:38 PM
If you think it'd be useful for any other applications, it may be worth your while to look at one of the database programs (ie, abcDB, HanDBase, etc). I know that for HanDBase at least there are free shopping databases you can download (there's a huge library, as the databases can be used on either Palm or PPC). But you do have to pay for the database software itself.

I've looked at it, but it's not quite there.

Thanks,

Edward

ECOslin
12-30-2002, 10:22 PM
I did like the below Han-D-Base template.

Edward

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/gallery.html

BiteOutOfCrime

Author: Randy B [Send Author Email]
Homepage:
Date: 02/08/2000
Description: An organizational tool for Shopping for the entire squadron. Keep track of who wants which donuts easily.
Has Data: No
Has Forms: No
Filters: You can filter out those police that haven't paid their fair share of the donut money. If certain police aren't at the precinct, that day, you can disclude them from the donut run.
Reports: If you get a long list of hungry police you might need a report to count how many of a certain donut are necessary to buy.
Version: HanDBase v.2.7x or greater
File: biteoutofcrime.pdb Downloads: This Month 8 / Total* 173
Note: MAC Users will need to enter the filename biteoutofcrime.pdb when saving this file. [/url]

Bob Anderson
01-02-2003, 05:04 PM
VO Shopping List is an excellent program for managing lists of things you want to buy.

ListPro is a great program, but from my experience it would be a little to cumbersome to use as a shopping list unless a significant amount of what you buy is the same stuff all the time (So that you can just "recycle" the same old list.)

So, if you haven't given VO Shopping List a shot.. you might want to... It's really worth it (I've been using it for at least a year now.)