View Full Version : Serial Adapter?

mavx5
12-27-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi folks, hope everyone had a safe and happy xmas!

Does anyone have any information on whether or not Dell will be releasing a Serial Adapter for the Axim? I have a Delorme Earthmate GPS receiver with a serial interface and would like to connect it to the Axim.

Thanks!

Sven Johannsen
12-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Nothing firm, IMHO. Dell Rep from Canada telling user his product sheet shows serial cables and cradles coming. Dell slide show at a user group showing serial capability (newsgroup reports).

My belief that a 40 pin connector is a heck of a waste if it only supports the 4 wires needed for USB. PHM Device manager believing it sees comm ports. My belief that all the current keyboards are serially connected and wondering why Dell would bother to do something different.

What would be firm to me? Pictures, part #s and prices on Dell's site. Gut feeling though...yea serial is comming.

BTW, that MVP down there should tell you I really don't know anything. If I did, I probably couldn't say so :)

Underwater Mike
12-28-2002, 01:27 AM
Gomadic told me last week that the ComCube adapter cable for the Axim should be available in mid-JAN. I'm waiting for one to hook the Axim to my LG phone.