View Full Version : Active sync problems :(

rein
12-27-2002, 04:13 AM
Ok, I've finally tried to set the Axim and active sync up. Unfortunately active sync will not detect the connection to the cradle. Everything seems fine but when setting up active sync it will not recognize the connection. It says the USB connection is available but it will not recognize the axim/cradle in the connection. Am I being clear enough? I am running winxp, should that be a problem? Thanks for anyone who can get me started with this. The person I bought this for really thinks I am much smarter than this. :)

Bearjaw
12-27-2002, 04:32 AM
The only thing I can think of is make sure you use the active sync that came with the Axim. I guess people have been having problems with XP because it has Active sync 3.6 and that doesnt have the drivers for the axim. Soo use the axim disc and go through the setup again. If you used the disc that came with the Axim and this is happening I'm sorry I dont know what to do..maybe somebody can help this gentleman out.. Jeff

rein
12-27-2002, 05:11 AM
Well.....

It was that I had a camera hooked into a different USB port. Apparently I can't have anything in any other usb port when syncing the axim. Odd, but at least I found a way to work around it.

Janak Parekh
12-27-2002, 05:53 AM
USB devices are supposed to coexist, but it's possible, for example, the camera (or the Axim) driver was poorly-written and tends to conflict.

--janak

shawnc
12-27-2002, 01:51 PM
The only thing I can think of is make sure you use the active sync that came with the Axim. I guess people have been having problems with XP because it has Active sync 3.6 and that doesnt have the drivers for the axim. Soo use the axim disc and go through the setup again. If you used the disc that came with the Axim and this is happening I'm sorry I dont know what to do..maybe somebody can help this gentleman out.. Jeff

I think this is true. I had the same problem as rein so I uninstalled Active Sync 3.6 and reinstalled off of the Dell CD. No problems since then. Give it a try.

BoiseNative
12-28-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm using ActiveSync 3.6 (build 2148) on my Windows XP SP1 box. Haven't had any sync problems with my Axim or my iPaq. I have about five other USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices attached - no problems.