View Full Version : Sort playlist by Name in WMP 8.5?!?

klinux
12-27-2002, 02:50 AM
Playing with my Dell Axim here with WMP 8.5. I created a playlist and added my songs from the CF card. The songs are WMA files whose name contain the track #s (i.e 01 song title.wma, 02 song title.wma... 32 song title.wma).

WMP insists on adding the songs to the playlist in descending order i.e. 32 first, followed by 31, and ending in 01. How can one change this so that it adds the songs in order?

Thanks in advance.

Janak Parekh
12-27-2002, 06:29 AM
I haven't played enough with WMP 8.5 (as opposed to 8.0, 7.1, etc.), but I found that previous versions had no clever playlist manipulation, which annoyed the heck out of me.

One solution, if WMP 8.5 has no sort, is to save the playlist to disk and then edit it using Notepad on your PC.

Another is to use a PPC-based playlist editor, like http://www.ceng.com/CEPlaylist/description.asp.

A third possibility, which is what I did, is to stop using WMP. ;)

--janak

LightMan
12-27-2002, 10:46 AM
Man, this is weird... having to pay for a software to decently sort a mp3 playlist?!?! This is getting ridiculous...

Pony99CA
12-27-2002, 04:45 PM
I wish when you added a song (or songs) to a playlist, the addition would take place before the selected song. If no song was selected, the song would be added to the end of the playlist.

Currently, it seems all songs are added to the end no matter what, and I have to copy each one up where I want it. :x

Steve

klinux
12-27-2002, 08:10 PM
Put the same CF card in my Casio E-125 (WMP version 4.5?) and created a list - everything is in order of the track title listed. Could this be a bug?