View Full Version : Inbox Attachments - Axim Won't Put Them on Storage Card

BoiseNative
12-26-2002, 09:23 PM
I like to keep my email attachments on my CF card. This is pretty easy to do...in Inbox click on Tools > Options > Storage and check the “Store attachments on storage card” box. On my iPaq this worked great, but the Axim has problems.

The Axim has "Built-in Storage", an SD card, and a CF card. You can tell Inbox to "Store attachments on storage card", but you can't specify which storage card to use! By default, it appears to create an Inbox attachments folder in the “Built-in Storage” space.

But what if I want to save attachments to my CF or SD card?

BoiseNative
12-29-2002, 03:34 AM
The PPCThoughts member named TheBacklash found a similar storage card problem with the Notes application. You can configure Notes to save new documents to either Main memory or to Storage card 1 by going to Notes > Tools > Options, and then change "Save To:" to either Main Memory or Storage Card 1. It appears that the Inbox and Notes applications (maybe other applications?) consider the "Built-in Storage" as the default storage card (even though it's not really a storage card - it's just spare internal flash memory available for us to use).

I don't see any quick fix for this problem. It appears that the Inbox and Notes applications were never written expecting multiple storage cards.

Has anyone found other applications (built-in or others) that have a problem specifying what to use as the default storage card?

BoiseNative
01-06-2003, 04:10 AM
A member of the Brighthand forums named rmiller105 has found a workaround that allows Inbox attachments to be saved on the SD card! :) It requires a registry editing tool.

I couldn't get this same workaround to work for my CF card, though he/she claims to have success getting it to work. Post your results here so we can all here how well this workaround works.

http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66816

TheBacklash
01-06-2003, 05:45 AM
Just followed the workaround... and mine works. (the second time anyway)