View Full Version : graffiti problems

rh
12-26-2002, 04:47 PM
hi!

i know, a dumb question:
is there somewhere a picture that describes how the grafitti in pocket pc 2002 works? because there are some slight differences to the grafitti of palm, especially the character "Y" is causing me a lot of trouble...

thanks a lot in advance!

rupert

Janak Parekh
12-26-2002, 05:30 PM
Hmm, I've never had trouble writing y's with the Block Recognizer. But if you want help, click the little question mark in the corner of the Block Recognizer SIP.

--janak

Jhokur2k
12-26-2002, 05:34 PM
I haven't seen a chart for it, but Y is one of the easiest to do - start with a v then draw a line down. My worst one is D - ya'd think that would be easy, but I keep getting the combined ce.

rh
12-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Hmm, I've never had trouble writing y's with the Block Recognizer. But if you want help, click the little question mark in the corner of the Block Recognizer SIP.

--janak

hmm on palm a Y is done like a greek gamma, and that does not work any more on the pocket PC; but thanks a lot for the tip, the demo mode helps a lot, i just did not try a usual handwriting-y :D

rh
12-26-2002, 06:39 PM
I haven't seen a chart for it, but Y is one of the easiest to do - start with a v then draw a line down. My worst one is D - ya'd think that would be easy, but I keep getting the combined ce.

i also had this problem for a while; but either you look at the demo mode where it is explained how to write a D (its defferent from palm!); or alternatively you do it as follows (i found this out by luck, and its faster):

I\
I \
I / <----- CORNER
I/

take care that the "bow" of the D is NOT round but instead has a "corner"; then it is nearly never recognized as a "ce".

hope that helps!

rupert