View Full Version : ARG....dropped my phone AGAIN...ANY REPlacement covers available?

vybe23
12-25-2002, 12:27 AM
Hey guys...so much for a happy christmas eve....dropped my phone today...even MORE paint chips and scratches on the unit now...
I think it would be a great idea if T mobile or a 3rd party sold replacement FRONT covers for the XDA....is there anyone that does this now?!??!?!

Very frustrating to spend so much money on these..and not have any replacement covers available...havent seen any....

i bought this pdajacket

http://www.pdajacket.com/detail.asp?p=SKTM1001

so far...dont know how its gonna work out...

someone please tell me there is a factory or OEM replacement front cover, so i can just take off this one and screw in the new one!

Monty Gibson
12-25-2002, 04:46 AM
Hey guys...so much for a happy christmas eve....dropped my phone today...even MORE paint chips and scratches on the unit now...
I think it would be a great idea if T mobile or a 3rd party sold replacement FRONT covers for the XDA....is there anyone that does this now?!??!?!

Very frustrating to spend so much money on these..and not have any replacement covers available...havent seen any....

i bought this pdajacket

http://www.pdajacket.com/detail.asp?p=SKTM1001

so far...dont know how its gonna work out...

someone please tell me there is a factory or OEM replacement front cover, so i can just take off this one and screw in the new one!

Honestly, what you do is this:

A.) Purchase a quality case from either www.vajacases.com or www.ebcases.com and then, in about 13 days after you place your order, you then...

B.) Call T-Mobile (if you live in the U.S.) and tell them you want to do a phone exchange, pay $70.00 get a refurbished Pocket PC that looks and acts brand new and put it in the new case that you purchased. I recommend; for you, the I-Volution case from Vaja (or at least the T-Buron II I-Volution case).

C.) Don't waste your time and your money on this "item" that "skins" your phone. It's worthless and garbage in my honest opinion. Put your hard earned money toward quality products.

Think about it.

vybe23
12-25-2002, 04:48 AM
I live In canada....i bought my T mobile phone edition from EBAY.....

is there anyway i can still call T mobile to get an exchange? Just say i now live in Canada or something?....theres gotta be some way i can swing this.....

Monty Gibson
12-25-2002, 04:51 AM
I live In canada....i bought my T mobile phone edition from EBAY.....

is there anyway i can still call T mobile to get an exchange? Just say i now live in Canada or something?....theres gotta be some way i can swing this.....

But you have a SIM card from them and you're using their service? If so, then I don't see a problem. If not, they will probably have a problem with this.

vybe23
12-25-2002, 08:25 AM
I am using Rogers ATT here in CANADA...not t mobile..so no im not using their sim...

but it is their device right?!?!?? who will support me for the hardware if not them?

anyone got a number i could call or any more info on this?

Monty Gibson
12-25-2002, 12:25 PM
I am using Rogers ATT here in CANADA...not t mobile..so no im not using their sim...

but it is their device right?!?!?? who will support me for the hardware if not them?

anyone got a number i could call or any more info on this?

My apologies. I did not know what Rogers AT&T was. I take it that it's some type of 3rd party cellular outlet? Doesn't matter. You purchased your device off of eBay. I am sure the person you bought it off of did not give you a receipt, nor did they give you any warranty information. Rogers AT&T probably will give you limited; if at all, assistance. You could try and contact T-Mobile at 1-800-937-8997 toll free and see what information you could get from them.