View Full Version : e330 Issues

lennychen2002
12-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Hi,

I'm a new e330 user, having had mine for about a month and a half. It's a very nice device - slim and all, but I've been having a couple of weird issues with it, has anybody experienced these?

1) When connected via USB to ActiveSync, sometimes the connection drops randomly, during sync, or sometimes just sitting there. I'm using ActiveSync 3.6.
2) Sometimes when I play .wma files (64kbps), the files will skip onto the next one in the middle of a song. I'm using a SanDisk 256MB SD card. It's kind of annoying.

And my last question, is just a general question - is it good practice to "stop" applications after you've used them, so as few applications as possible are running at once? (I have an application called CloseAll that stops all running applications) Or, should I just open whatever I want and not worry about it? I'm just taking the same mindset from the Windows platform, where too many apps "open" makes the whole thing come down.

Thanks for any help fellow e330 owners can provide.

Merry Christmas, :)

Leonard

redifrogger
12-24-2002, 10:38 PM
I have an e740, and your sync problem is a known, documented one for my model, so probably your as well. It's my understanding that you should close apps that you don't need open - they are taking up memory which could impede speed and ability to open other apps. Plus, if you don't need the app open, why not close it.

Delta737
12-25-2002, 09:15 AM
Yeah, why not close an app when you won't need it. It only eats up your memory (my e310 won't even start WMP when I have too much programs running). I always close the apps immediately when I'm finished (with Home)

jdavis
12-28-2002, 02:35 AM
Another problem could be that sandisk cards are **** and aren't compatible with toshibas 90% of the time.

KyleC
12-30-2002, 03:38 AM
Another problem could be that sandisk cards are s**t and aren't compatible with toshibas 90% of the time.
You clearly have some sort of growing grudge against SanDisk. I have a 128MB SanDisk SD card for my Toshiba e310 and it works perfectly.

Delta737
12-30-2002, 07:53 AM
Another problem could be that sandisk cards are s**t and aren't compatible with toshibas 90% of the time.
You clearly have some sort of growing grudge against SanDisk. I have a 128MB SanDisk SD card for my Toshiba e310 and it works perfectly.

Exactly. I have an e310 + SanDisk 128MB SD-card for about 6 month now and I've not experienced any problems with it.

guilmon
12-31-2002, 08:16 AM

Exactly. I have an e310 + SanDisk 128MB SD-card for about 6 month now and I've not experienced any problems with it.

Ditto

hyonj
01-04-2003, 09:38 AM
You might want to try icbar, it's a program that allows you to close & exit out of a program unlike the "x" of the pocket pc that just closes the app without exiting to resolve your memory situation.

I've not had much luck with ActiveSync 3.6, I've decided to stick with 3.5 to avoid the headache.