View Full Version : capital letters hack

tcugrilla
12-24-2002, 03:03 PM
there is a hack for the palm os that i loved that is missing for the pocketpc. by simply making a letter in the area between letters and numbers you could make a capital letter. i believe it was called midcaphack, but am not sure. is there such a program for the pocketpc?

Evee Ev
12-24-2002, 04:08 PM
i had that same program on my visor deluxe and it was great. i was just thinking about that program for the pocket pc. we're on the same brainwave dude!

Kati Compton
12-26-2002, 07:16 AM
If you use the "Letter Recognizer" input panel instead of "block recognizer", there's an area for capital letters, lower-case, and numbers. That might do what you're looking for without an added program.

Janak Parekh
12-26-2002, 05:32 PM
Interestingly, Letter Recognizer in PPC 2000 supported a Graffiti-like mode, in which case it would have been exactly what you wanted. But too many people complained about the three areas, so Block Recognizer only has two. ;)

Just note that Letter Recognizer, while it has three areas, will force you to not use Graffiti but rather standard lowercase characters.

--janak

rave
12-30-2002, 05:27 AM
But, isn't the effort to cross the letter-number border the same as using a third input area?

As for me, it's easier to use the Letter Recognizer instead. Just remember to dot your I's and cross your T's. I mean, come on. You spent about a month to perfect Graffiti, why not spend a few days to re-learn natural handwriting?

;)

Kati Compton
12-30-2002, 05:32 AM
As for me, it's easier to use the Letter Recognizer instead. Just remember to dot your I's and cross your T's. I mean, come on. You spent about a month to perfect Graffiti, why not spend a few days to re-learn natural handwriting?

Actually, I thought the letter recognizer recognized the Graffiti 't'...

There's actually some elements of Graffiti that I like because I can do them quicker than actual handwriting. Like the letter 'a' for example. Since I don't do any "real" writing anymore, using the substitute letters wasn't really a problem for me...

Sparkomatic
12-30-2002, 05:41 AM
I used Grafitti for a couple of years on a Palm before switching to Letter Reconizer on PPC. I never found it had to transition to LR from Grafitti. And, when I normally write, I only write in capital letters. While using Grafitti, I found that there were a few ways to write letters that were not documented. Sometimes it made it easier for me.

Kati Compton
12-30-2002, 04:45 PM
The only problem I ever had (besides with symbols) was with remembering to write the letter "v" backwards. ;)