View Full Version : Problems encountered during hotsync. Advice needed...

strength_n_honour
12-24-2002, 01:21 PM
Hi everyone, currently i encounter 2 problems when i perform hotsync from my ppc to desktop.. hope u guys can give me some advice.

1. Is it possible to directly transfer my desktop files to my sd card? Currently i can only sync the info to my ppc, then transfer them to my sd card from there... i try configuring it but to no avail.

2. When we are performing hotsync, we are transfering files between the ppc and desktop. But how about items such as calender, task and contacts? I don't think the current hotsync allow the desktop to back up such information.. or maybe i missed something?

Please advice on how i can correct the above problems, thanks alot! :)

Steven Cedrone
12-24-2002, 11:18 PM
Hi everyone, currently i encounter 2 problems when i perform hotsync from my ppc to desktop.. hope u guys can give me some advice.

1. Is it possible to directly transfer my desktop files to my sd card? Currently i can only sync the info to my ppc, then transfer them to my sd card from there... i try configuring it but to no avail.

Get yourself an external card reader, then you can just put your data right on the card (It will show up as a "drive" on the PC)...

2. When we are performing hotsync, we are transfering files between the ppc and desktop. But how about items such as calender, task and contacts? I don't think the current hotsync allow the desktop to back up such information.. or maybe i missed something?

Calendar, tasks, contacts are done through ActiveSync (Provided you are running Outlook on your PC). On your desktop, open ActiveSync, go into "tools" then "options"...

Steve

Job
12-25-2002, 05:25 AM
The first problem I see is trying to artificially insert Palm syntax into a PPC forum . . .

Janak Parekh
12-25-2002, 08:08 AM
Get yourself an external card reader, then you can just put your data right on the card (It will show up as a "drive" on the PC)...
Alternatively, while the PPC is connected via ActiveSync, you can go into the device in My Computer, and navigate to Storage Card. However, it will be much slower than a dedicated reader.

--janak