View Full Version : battery power

redifrogger
12-23-2002, 08:52 PM
I had the demo of Battery Pack 2002 and it consistently showed that with a full charge I had 2hr 42min of battery time left. I don't use the WiFi and it seems to be close to real estimate. Can this be right? I have 2 hr 42 min of battery time when using my new unit? Thanks for any insight.

rlaustin
12-24-2002, 04:29 AM
Sounds like your unit needs to be sent to Toshiba for repairs. Check their website www.toshiba.com and follow the leads. If the unit was already repaired, then you need to be absolutely sure that the WIFI s/w is turned of and also the switch on the bottom of the unit.

mobilebuddha
12-24-2002, 04:55 AM
just curious.. what's this switch at the bottom of the unit that you are talking about? the little blue switch?

redifrogger
12-24-2002, 02:49 PM
Yes, the little blue switch controls whether the WiFi is on/off. Keep it off unless you need it activated. Mine is always off. Unfortunately work has a Cisco control on it's access points to keep people from snooping. :( I do wonder if it is truly off b/c I get that icon on the top; but if I tap it, a msg comes up asking me to turn it on, so I guess it's not. How much time are others getting with regular use - no WiFi?