View Full Version : Security Softawre

bgate
12-23-2002, 07:57 PM
OK,

What do people use? How much is enough? I am a fairly heavy user. The amount of critical and sensitive data is at a minimum. For the personal stuff I was thinking something like FlexWallet. I would be interested in opinions on the wallet type software and also opinions on device software (basically stepping up over the included software an its limited capabilities).

Thanks-Brent

mashtim
12-23-2002, 09:29 PM
I have been using eWallet from Ilium Software for about 8 years now and love it. 128-bit encryption is more than enough for my needs and the UI is ridiculouosly simple. Plus, it has been around forever, so it's virtually bug-free. Plus, having all my passwords and credit card info in one place is fantastic!
IMHO, a PIM add-on is also vital. The best are PocketInformant (who are also working on a replacement for the anemic PocketInbox as well) and AgendaFusion. They are both pretty much the same with some slight differences between them, but having ONE of them is a MUST. You'll find your productivity will at least double with this simple addition.
Although eWallet is a database program, I also find that I use HanDBase quite a bit. It is useful to me to be able to create my own databases and use the same program as a list maker/viewer as well. You can also encrypt fields if you need to. They also have an extensive list of applets available on their website which allow you to carry around much more information than you will ever need. (The Star Wars Encyclopedia is cool and all, but noone understands my Wookie accent anyway! :wink: )
To me, these three programs are absolutely vital to my everyday PPC use. The other stuff (picture viewer, offline web browsers, network utilities, etc) are nice, but I can do without them for a few days.

bgate
12-24-2002, 06:45 PM
I was also thinking about device security and the programs people reccomend for total device security.

thanks,
brent